General Carowinds discussion
User avatar
By Chris
#100855
Koallinbear wrote:Does anyone envison a changeover of the color of seats on intimidator with next cycle of seats? I know we just got new ones this season, but diamondbacks were changed from the dreadful orange to the modest black. I think this would hold up as far as the appearance goes and fit in with the colors of our ride. It would also give it a slightly new look and hide the wearing.

While I’m at it i’m going state that i’ll be a little upset until intimidator is re-painted to it’s beautiful red and not the faded pink that is unfortunately is right now. C’mon they got Vortex looking better than our large scale hypercoaster! :oops:

I have a feeling we will see a name change to coincide with the new paint job (with possibly a new color) whenever that may happen.
User avatar
By Koallinbear
#100857
Chris wrote:I have a feeling we will see a name change to coincide with the new paint job (with possibly a new color) whenever that may happen.


How long does their Intimidator name license last for?
By Atombomb
#100870
Wow I can believe how sensitive people are now a days!!!! Who cares!!! What someone says about someone on an Internet forum. Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man how about that new Mack coaster carowinds is getting....
User avatar
By FamousAmos
#100877
Koallinbear wrote:
Chris wrote:I have a feeling we will see a name change to coincide with the new paint job (with possibly a new color) whenever that may happen.


How long does their Intimidator name license last for?


Supposedly the License was renewed the day of Carolina Harbor Announcement. I'm not entirely sure of that, so if someone else knows then feel free to correct me.
User avatar
By Koallinbear
#100890
FamousAmos wrote:
Koallinbear wrote:
Chris wrote:I have a feeling we will see a name change to coincide with the new paint job (with possibly a new color) whenever that may happen.


How long does their Intimidator name license last for?


Supposedly the License was renewed the day of Carolina Harbor Announcement. I'm not entirely sure of that, so if someone else knows then feel free to correct me.


I'm not entirely sure how nascar as a sport is doing right now, but I can surely see the intimidator name not lasting for very much longer. Our ride could be refurbished and rethemed making it even more attractive and enjoyable than it is now.
User avatar
By CarowindsFan
#100891
Koallinbear wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how nascar as a sport is doing right now, but I can surely see the intimidator name not lasting for very much longer. Our ride could be refurbished and rethemed making it even more attractive and enjoyable than it is now.


I think the only retheming you will see will be to a generic race car theme.
By uscbandfan
#100892
CarowindsFan wrote:
Koallinbear wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how nascar as a sport is doing right now, but I can surely see the intimidator name not lasting for very much longer. Our ride could be refurbished and rethemed making it even more attractive and enjoyable than it is now.


I think the only retheming you will see will be to a generic race car theme.


Sounds about right. They'll have to lose "Intimidator" as the name though because it's a trademarked name to DEI. The only racing names I've been able to think of are WAY to cheesy to be used. Of course, I have a hard time being inventive in that way.
#100902
Chris wrote:
Koallinbear wrote:Does anyone envison a changeover of the color of seats on intimidator with next cycle of seats? I know we just got new ones this season, but diamondbacks were changed from the dreadful orange to the modest black. I think this would hold up as far as the appearance goes and fit in with the colors of our ride. It would also give it a slightly new look and hide the wearing.

While I’m at it i’m going state that i’ll be a little upset until intimidator is re-painted to it’s beautiful red and not the faded pink that is unfortunately is right now. C’mon they got Vortex looking better than our large scale hypercoaster! :oops:

I have a feeling we will see a name change to coincide with the new paint job (with possibly a new color) whenever that may happen.
over half of the gift shop of Intimidator doesen’t even feature Intimidator merchendise. It wasn’t like that last year So I could see the name change for sure and if you look at Kim’s dominions Intimidator 305 there whole gift shop was taken out and they put lockers in it to charge people like they do for Fury.
#100905
Christopher Mallis wrote:
Chris wrote:
Koallinbear wrote:Does anyone envison a changeover of the color of seats on intimidator with next cycle of seats? I know we just got new ones this season, but diamondbacks were changed from the dreadful orange to the modest black. I think this would hold up as far as the appearance goes and fit in with the colors of our ride. It would also give it a slightly new look and hide the wearing.

While I’m at it i’m going state that i’ll be a little upset until intimidator is re-painted to it’s beautiful red and not the faded pink that is unfortunately is right now. C’mon they got Vortex looking better than our large scale hypercoaster! :oops:

I have a feeling we will see a name change to coincide with the new paint job (with possibly a new color) whenever that may happen.
over half of the gift shop of Intimidator doesen’t even feature Intimidator merchendise. It wasn’t like that last year So I could see the name change for sure and if you look at Kim’s dominions Intimidator 305 there whole gift shop was taken out and they put lockers in it to charge people like they do for Fury.


You sure about no more gift shop walk thru after I305at KD? I was there in April and thought FOR SURE we walked through what has always been a very small gift shop with photos inside, too.
User avatar
By Koallinbear
#100906
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:
Christopher Mallis wrote:
Chris wrote:I have a feeling we will see a name change to coincide with the new paint job (with possibly a new color) whenever that may happen.
over half of the gift shop of Intimidator doesen’t even feature Intimidator merchendise. It wasn’t like that last year So I could see the name change for sure and if you look at Kim’s dominions Intimidator 305 there whole gift shop was taken out and they put lockers in it to charge people like they do for Fury.


You sure about no more gift shop walk thru after I305at KD? I was there in April and thought FOR SURE we walked through what has always been a very small gift shop with photos inside, too.


https://youtu.be/Z70jw0w7jaY
#100907
Koallinbear wrote:
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:
Christopher Mallis wrote:over half of the gift shop of Intimidator doesen’t even feature Intimidator merchendise. It wasn’t like that last year So I could see the name change for sure and if you look at Kim’s dominions Intimidator 305 there whole gift shop was taken out and they put lockers in it to charge people like they do for Fury.


You sure about no more gift shop walk thru after I305at KD? I was there in April and thought FOR SURE we walked through what has always been a very small gift shop with photos inside, too.


https://youtu.be/Z70jw0w7jaY


yup, those were all the places I saw lockers when I was there in April. He has no video showing the I305 switched from a gift shop to no more gift shop. He doesnt show lockers for i305 either. unless i missed it. It was all twister timbers area and flight of fear area lockers.
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#100908
At the park today. I don’t think either of the wave pools were running waves. The tube slides on BBR are really fun, the ones with drops (“Captain’s Curse” or something) have airtime.
User avatar
By Chris
#100910
I was at King's Dominion in late March. I can confirm, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Intimidator 305 gift shop is gone and has been replaced with lockers.
  • 1
  • 213
  • 214
  • 215
  • 216
  • 217
  • 232

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests