General Carowinds discussion
User avatar
By Chris
#103478
In my opinion, they are installing Winterfest stuff now, not because they need 3 months to set up. I think this is more advertising to the Scarowinds guests that they should come back to see the park in the wintertime. This is their last chance to drive that home to the visitors of the park.
User avatar
By tinotoot
#103479
That's a really good point. It makes sense. If they can get SCarowinds decor up in like 2+ weeks, they can get Winterfest up between the end of haunt and before WF. I think it is an advertising thing both to SCarowinds guests and autumn daytime guests.
By Christopher Mallis
#103481
tinotoot wrote:That's a really good point. It makes sense. If they can get SCarowinds decor up in like 2+ weeks, they can get Winterfest up between the end of haunt and before WF. I think it is an advertising thing both to SCarowinds guests and autumn daytime guests.

Scary to merry....really the guests will see the lights on the tree and will think oh wow I bet it will be really cool at Winterfest.
By RollerBee
#103483
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Didn’t they leave most of the lights up anyway from last years Winterfest? Maybe I’m remembering them from opening weekend and haven’t paid attention since.

Not on the trees, I think they learned their lesson with leaving the lights on the tree during Starlight spectacular. Most of the buildings they did leave them up over the summer and even turned some on every night.

On another note, the Coke Refresh building, Jukebox Diner and Thrills Shop have light clips on them.....
Winterfest in Thrill Zone!!!
By Christopher Mallis
#103487
RollerBee wrote:
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Didn’t they leave most of the lights up anyway from last years Winterfest? Maybe I’m remembering them from opening weekend and haven’t paid attention since.

Not on the trees, I think they learned their lesson with leaving the lights on the tree during Starlight spectacular. Most of the buildings they did leave them up over the summer and even turned some on every night.

On another note, the Coke Refresh building, Jukebox Diner and Thrills Shop have light clips on them.....
Winterfest in Thrill Zone!!!

Yay! Considering their gonna be opening at 2pm on Saturdays and they’ll have 2 new areas they’ll need it! One of the new areas is probably over there.
By JWitter
#103528
Just wondering?

I live here in Charlotte, so Carowinds is my home park and I visit as often as possible during the year. I've noticed that the staff aren't usually all that great unless they are operating one of the few big draw rides in the park. They seem especially bad in the kids areas (rides and waterpark)

Anyone else run into this issue?

Is this the case at other CF parks?

I've only been to Cedar Point, and King's dominion (prior to CF buying them)

I never recall having these issues when visiting Disney or Universal parks, so what gives?


On a side note, every Six Flags park I've been too has been awful in regards to the staffing and how they interact with customers.
By phareous
#103529
I've noticed this too... there is a big difference in speed, etc. between Fury crew and Goldrusher crew. Most of the rides with one operator (like the kids area) tend to be very slow too.

No idea why...maybe its to do with the area supervisors
By Glitch99
#103533
JWitter wrote:Just wondering?

I live here in Charlotte, so Carowinds is my home park and I visit as often as possible during the year. I've noticed that the staff aren't usually all that great unless they are operating one of the few big draw rides in the park. They seem especially bad in the kids areas (rides and waterpark).

Isnt it natural to expect you put your best attendants on the rides that can gain the most from their increased efficiency? I've occasionally seen fantastic attendants on some of the kid rides, and I have no doubt that should they return next year, they'll be "promoted" to the bigger rides.

And to be fair, the "big draw" rides tend to also be the rides with the most severe consequences if you screw up. I'd hope they would try to put their more experienced operators on such rides.
  • 1
  • 229
  • 230
  • 231
  • 232
  • 233
  • 236

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests