General Carowinds discussion
I really think we have a legitimate shot at getting the Pro Slide funnel from Knott's. There's no way Cedar Fair will throw it in the trash!

A little bit of repaint and the ride will look great! Especially where the old and not used space that was behind the mini-golf area that is currently just grass now.

Thoughts?
They seem to be real crowd pleasers, and speaking from personal experience, they're great slides. The only other parks I could see this going to are Canada's Wonderland or Cedar Point, unless CP uses what's left of Geauga Lake's corpse (which includes a proslide funnel) for their expansion.
The water park looks very complete. Lots of people use the grassy area for lounging. Now, with that said . . . I think all the other water parks in the chain already have a funnel except carolina harbor.
First it was ride rotation, now we get slide rotation?
I am surprised they are removing their newest slide(to my knowledge), I think it would look nice in the large grassy area between Blackbeard and Surf Club. However it might fit better next to(or on top of) Whitewater Falls. Anyone got aerial pictures of Carolina Harbor?
Thunder Road is still alive and kicking on my Google Maps. :-)
Spraying Kool Deck concrete topping over the entire Carolina Harbor area would have cost a bit of coin, but you certainly wouldn't have any burned feet.
This stuff has been used in some of the Florida waterparks since the 1980's and it lasts for 20+ years. I can tell you as a homeowner and 3 different pools in Florida, once you walk on Koolcrete and then back on regular concrete, your feet will thank you. :P
Second visit today.. There is definitely something up with splash works water.. It smells different than the other features.. and both trips it was like this. when we finished we went back to pirates cove and rinsed there which smelled slightly like chlorine and nothing else

Also the pelican plunge was fun but everybody getting off just took their floats with them and it was like 10 minutes to get one. Lifeguards didn't try to direct or organize anything.
Still sad that thunder road is gone, but I just went to the park for the first time this season today.

The new water park is great! Especially the slides that lift the floor out from under you. I can definitely see why Carowinds decided to do this now. :thumbup:

Really going to enjoy it this summer.