General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
Jay wrote:If the park removes Hurler and then puts in a new one, then Carowinds will have the same number of coasters, and thus, won't change.

If Hurler is removed and another 48" height requirement coaster is added.
By Wormy
The last of these hotline messages was today, so for prosperity here are some phrases that stuck out to me. Make of it what you will. Let’s jam.

The Mayor:
“I’ll have six first priorities”.
“Ups and downs and a few arounds”.
“They are the spokes that make me go around, they are my wings, they give me power, they give me energy”.

Granny:
“A soft gentle breeze on a warm Carolina day”.
“He’s really swinging for the fences, heck, some fences may even have to come down a little, or be moved. HEE HEE!”
“Help us sway the swing vote”.
“Be sure you’re sittin’ in your chair, cause you will be next year. WHOO!”
(And something about bbq sauce by the jar)

Patty:
“I credit myself on convincing my uncle to embrace the rock and roll lifestyle - we’re gonna be shining so bright”.
“I think its fair to say I need a break from all this - we just need to hold on, and keep spreading our wings”.

Deputy Willard D. Danger:
More talk about square dancing which inspired him to write this song:
Turn your corner upside down,
there’s something special coming to town.
And turn your corner like a swinging gate,
and meet your partner for an old time date.
Now hurry up boys and don’t be late,
look at our mayor he’s mighty great.
Meet your honey and strut your stuff,
2017’s gonna be great sure ‘nuff.
Now go dance near that snake,
and promenade your partner for goodness sake.
And waltz and laugh and make the call
” …

… OK at this point I stopped transcribing because I felt silly. Gonna go have some hashbrowns.
By Koallinbear
Dance around the snake could mean the breakdance could go by Cobra. (also supported by the major staring in that area in the recent youtube release.)
By FamousAmos
Don't forget where Granny was standing inside the park.
And also, just to add to a previous thought, I rode Hurler after the rain the other day, it was okay. Not nearly as rough. Just very boring.
By Edwardo
Mayor is referring to Troika
Granny is referring to wave swinger.
Patty is referring to Music Express.
Deputy is referring to Breakdance.

That leaves out Top Scan or anything else for the moment.

Edit:perhaps his Six first Priorities are the six arms on the top scan.
Last edited by Edwardo on August 10th, 2016, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay wrote:If the park removes Hurler and then puts in a new one, then Carowinds will have the same number of coasters, and thus, won't change.

They did this with Fury and Thunder Road just last year, so perhaps they're not too concerned with that particular number. I'm actually not either, I'm more of a quality-over-quantity kinda guy. And Carowinds does already have a respectable number of coasters, IMO.

As for the height requirement--I don't have any kids and I never go to the park with any so I'm lucky enough to never have to pay attention to this. But judging from what I read here and elsewhere it does seem to be of major concern. If only there was a company that could spruce up Hurler's woefully uneventful layout...

:think:
By Chris
psychoticbiotic wrote:And Carowinds does already have a respectable number of coasters, IMO.

Exactly. And it's not even an opinion. It's a fact. Let me put this into perspective. Carowinds is tied for 5th for most roller coasters in one park. In the world! Only Cedar Point, Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland, and Six Flags Magic Mountain have more. Think about that... That's not some bad company to be in.
By Edwardo
We'll know for sure in a week, but I think what happens to Hurler will greatly depend on how Hurler at Kings Dominion turns out after GCI gets finished. It was far worse than the one we have.
Last edited by Edwardo on August 11th, 2016, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RollerBee
Edwardo wrote:We'll know for sure in a week, but I think what happens to Hurler will greatly depend on how Hurler at Kings Island turns out after GCI gets finished. It was far worse than the one we have.

Kings Dominion?

GCI's improvements to our Hurler still feel a lot better than the rest of the ride. Does KD Hurler have a trim brake?