General Carowinds discussion
Edwardo is a great person to hang out with and a lot of fun.

Also, are the restraints hydraulic on Electro Spin? If a restraint is losening and it is hydraulic, there could be an issue with one of the hydraulic lines maybe?
^ +2 to that. Edwardo is pretty cool to talk to when Electro spin goes down again. :lol:
4 tries to ride electro spin resulted in zero rides on electro spin. Hope it's more reliable soon.

The problem appawrs to be when trying to park the ride in most cases.

I'll probably go back to the park when County Fair is finished and Electro is running consistently.

Rock n Roller was fun but short. Zephyr was ok but way short and I've never been on a wave swinger type ride that didn't run full speed...
Looks like Electro Spin has been running well for the last couple hours or so. The load/unload time seems to be really high however, with the line spilling out into the midway.

I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that it takes the ride way too long to lower back down to its platform after the ride cycle so guests can unload. When I got to ride it, we gently swayed back and forth for about two minutes (which is 2 years in queue time) before finally being lowered.
Went out to the park today. Crowds weren't too bad at all. I got about 5 rides in on Electro Spin. It did well today, probably went down once during the time I was there (4-8pm). Do Si Do went down twice but not very long per usual and Rock N Roller once for like 5mins.

Hurler was flying through the layout like a bat out of hell. I'm starting to like the little rascal a tad, if it keeps this momentum up.

Ran into a few of my maintenance friends tonight. Notes to be taken:

1. County Fair is no where near done
2. They're still waiting on parts for Electro Spin and after that the LED panels and other lighting will be installed and wired (I'm a happy camper now! :-D )
3. Rock N Roller still have more lights to be installed as well as the signage (quick note the head tuning knobs light up now)
4. Still waiting on the shipment of the LEDs for Do Si Do
5. They will be restringing the overhead lights over the midway. They have to reenforce the street lamps before doing so because they bend or buckle to easily hence the temporary black poles lack of overhead lights are attached to now
6. There's more landscaping to be completed especially around Electro Spin
7. Signage for the Fair Fries stall
8. They are still working on the hydraulics for arm number 2 on Do Si Do so it rises to maximum height.

So basically they idea was to get the rides up and running, as most of us have stated before.
Last edited by pproteinc on April 3rd, 2017, 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's actually really sad consindering the time they had to do it.

We got Fury and a new entrance in one off season. It blows my mind this couldn't get completed in time especially with the awesome winter.

But oh well. I love it. It's all beautiful.

End rant
^You have to realize that that area of the park has been transformed more times than pretty much any other area of the park. With all that there have been water, sewer, power and who knows what else put in, buried, dug up and buried over again. A good portion was once covered by water/ponds. I'm thinking it was more getting the infrastructure in order that may have slowed the progress down. We all know it doesn't take that long to install those rides.
Also while these are "portable" rides the park obviously wanted permanent installations and that meant foundations, queues, operating booths, canopies, platforms, landscaping, etc.

And, while Fury construction started long before the end of the season, this area was open all through Scarowinds before breaking ground.

I'm not disappointed in the work vs. the time frame. It will be nice to see the additions and improvements as the season goes on. I suspect most of this will be done before summer weekly operation begins.
That is great to hear. While I'm grateful to get the rides, the more flats the better, the promo information sold a certain look and feel for the area and opening day fell short.

pproteinc wrote:Went out to the park today. Crowds weren't too bad at all. I got about 5 rides in on Electro Spin. It did well today, probably went down once during the time I was there (4-8pm). Do Si Do went down twice but not very long per usual and Rock N Roller once for like 5mins.

Hurler was flying through the layout like a bat out of hell. I'm starting to like the little rascal a tad, if it keeps this momentum up.

Ran into a few of my maintenance friends tonight. Notes to be taken:

1) County Fair is no where near done
2) They're still waiting on parts for Electro Spin and after that the LED panels and other lighting will be installed and wired (I'm a happy camper now! :-D )
3) Rock N Roller still have more lights to be installed as well as the signage (quick note the head tuning knobs light up now)
4) Still waiting on the shipment of the LEDs for Do Si Do
5) They will be restringing the overhead lights over the midway. They have to reenforce the street lamps before doing so because they bend or buckle to easily hence the temporary black poles lack of overhead lights are attached to now
6) There's more landscaping to be completed especially around Electro Spin
7) Signage for the Fair Fries stall
8They are still working on the hydraulics for arm number 2 on Do Si Do so it rises to maximum height.

So basically they idea was to get the rides up and running, as most of us have stated before.
I have to support Cameron on this one. I don't see anything to justify the slow construction. How can you still be waiting on parts and lights when the rides have been laying under Fury for over a year? Carowinds has always been great at managing projects and being finished by opening day. Crews know what infrastructure is in the ground and that would be factored in when forming a construction timeline.
Also, according to the original article, when the ride pickers were doing their thing overseas, it was stated that the rides were to be refurbished in Europe before they were shipped back here. Why weren't the lighting packages done at that time?