General Carowinds discussion
I was looking at the park map this morning and notice several things:
1) Carowinds Plaza is now Celebration Plaza.
2) Rip Roaring Rapids opens on May 1st.
3) Photography is prohibited on all rides, didn't it use to give an exception for Skytower?
4) County Fair Funnel Cakes is included on dining plans.
Wait what?! County funnels are included? Ohhh I'm about to gain 70lbs :lol:

I'm with you Jonathan. I love the pavers. My only wish is that they added another seating style planter with a tree somewhere in midway in the midst of electro, do si and zephyr. It's going to be hot in the particular area.
pproteinc wrote:My only wish is that they added another seating style planter with a tree somewhere in midway in the midst of electro, do si and zephyr. It's going to be hot in the particular area.

So are real county fairs . . . Mr. Perfectionist. :clap:
coasterbruh wrote:
pproteinc wrote:My only wish is that they added another seating style planter with a tree somewhere in midway in the midst of electro, do si and zephyr. It's going to be hot in the particular area.

So are real county fairs . . . Mr. Perfectionist. :clap:

Whatever lol
If they are working on Rock-N-Roller, I would have to bet Disco Ball.
Mondial Top Scans are notoriously finicky. Did they have any people from Mondial there? The Mondial guys had Samurai at Lagoon up and Operating with guests in 3 days, even with an oopsie on Lagoon's Part. Sounds to me like Carowinds/Cedar Fair were handling the refurbishments and installation on their own, but I may be wrong. Just wait until it can't find zero for 5 minutes, cycles being cut from 6 to 2 or 1, the air hose breaks on the gondolas, oh, then the inevitable gear box failure.

Operating a Musik Express in Reverse doubles the wear and tear on each of the 5 or 6 electric motors, and their braking systems, and adds time to the cycles, so I would not be surprised if they operate in forwards only.
They're 3 people riding Electro Spin right now, I'm sure it's the maintenance guys. It's funny how their legs are flinging in the air.

linearinduction wrote:Operating a Musik Express in Reverse doubles the wear and tear on each of the 5 or 6 electric motors, and their braking systems, and adds time to the cycles, so I would not be surprised if they operate in forwards only.

They need to add to the ride cycle. It's short as hell. Dont have people waiting in line for 1hr plus for a 1 min ride. The load time takes just as long as well and it's a high capacity ride. So give the people what they came for. I say at least 2 to 3 min ride time. Same for Zephyr. Do Si Do and considering the aggressiveness and forces Electro Spin provides are the rides with a decent ride time.
I actually did not have a problem with the ride duration of Rock N Roller and Do Si So, I do however think that Zephyr's duration is way too short. I imagine with these rides being new and popular for the time being, the park is still trying to figure out what the best duration time would be for all four without the lines piling up.