General Carowinds discussion
By FamousAmos
Keep in mind that Rip Roarin' Rapids usually doesn't open each day until 11am or 12am (I can't remember which).
By uscbandfan
SFoG has 3 unless one of them closed since last year. Log Jamboree, Splashwater Falls and Thunder River. in my opinion, Thunder River is much better that RRR.

In any event, Carowinds needs another non-water park water ride for sure. A new flume would be awesome.
By tarheel1231
Edwardo wrote:Splash water Falls days are numbered.

What?

[EDIT] My mistake. I read the post thinking it was one of Edwardo's ambiguous names for one of the rides at Carowinds.
By arby
Edwardo wrote:At some point you when you go to a lot of parks, the names run together. Sue me :-D

Glad it's not just me...
By gabed
Just throwing pipe dreams around, is there any chance that one of next year's four coasters will be heading to the Carolinas or is this just wishful thinking?
By redrunner97
uscbandfan wrote:A revamp of Vortex isn't going to do anything for me either whether it's floorless or not. I'm ready for it to go.

My sentiments exactly.

Here's what I'd love to see happen (once again, for the people in the back 8) ):

Replace Vortex and Nighthawk with a first-of-its-kind launched B&M flying coaster over the lake. Paint the supports and structure white and give the track a metallic gold paint job; call it "White Lightnin'".

It'd make a beautiful centerpiece for the park, and we'd get to swap out Vortex and our less-than-stellar flyer for one that's smoother, has higher capacity, and features a much-needed launch. Cedar Fair could even relocate both if they wanted to. Win-win-win. Plus, it would be pretty to look at, wouldn't it!
By tarheel1231
I'm still not too excited about the prospect of a floorless Vortex, but after hearing that Patriot has sideways airtime in the corkscrew, I'm slightly more intrigued. Between that and the airtime coming off the second drop, floorless Vortex could turn out to be a neat little ride. :D

[EDIT] Also, I'm okay with Nighthawk staying but the park needs to find a way to increase capacity on it. I think VR would be a good way to do that. It sounds counterintuitive, but if they can find a way to market it as a new experience, maybe they can add tilting trains like the ones that it was supposed to have.