General Carowinds discussion
By pproteinc
^ I personally think it'll look great where White Waterfalls was or in the Thrill Zone area.

Loke at Liesburg looks amazing from the colors to the theming.
By KIJester
Between Mondial, Intamin and Zamperla, do any of these companies make a Gyro pendulum that makes a complete loop? I've never seen one that did.
Just curious because in the past, I have seen a select few of the swinging ship rides that make a complete loop in some amusement parks where other parks simply have them swing back and forth.
By Chris
KIJester wrote:Just curious because in the past, I have seen a select few of the swinging ship rides that make a complete loop in some amusement parks where other parks simply have them swing back and forth.

I think Intamin's Looping Starship model, like the one at Carowinds, is the only model that goes upside down. Intamin has a pirate ship model called the 'Bounty' that does not go upside down (I think). Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your main Frisbee question.
By Jarsh
I've seen video of a pendulum swing ride going completely over the top so they do exist.
By Edwardo
Huss once said that their giant frisbee could, it takes an extra motor. Zamperla offers versions that do. Kentucky Kingdom has a small version that makes a full rotation as dies Luna Park in Coney Island.
By gabed
I wasn't too impressed with Coney's frisbee, so I'll pass on the 360 Zamperla Frisbees.
By uscbandfan
Let's pool the money and get another woodie first. Then we need a flume.

Anyone seen the Taron? I know it's Intamin but it's awesome. Would love to have something like that. It's a small footprint and also a launch. (I'd rather have it boost launch than launch from a standing start though.)
By Jarsh
uscbandfan wrote:(I'd rather have it boost launch than launch from a standing start though.)

Good thing Taron has both.
By cwgator
uscbandfan wrote:Anyone seen the Taron? I know it's Intamin but it's awesome. Would love to have something like that. It's a small footprint and also a launch. (I'd rather have it boost launch than launch from a standing start though.)

It increases the capacity having a "standing start" launch at the beginning (normally)....Cheetah Hunt, for example which also has 2 boost launches as well.