General Carowinds discussion
By Chris
The only time I've ever done the dinos was on my last day up at Cedar Point. And that was only because we could get some amazing photos of Millennium Force from there. I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon, though. Sadly.
By Edwardo
RollerBee wrote:I think we can pretty much say Whitewater Falls was just a case of the budget was needed for the new County Fair.

It doesn't work that way.
By Chris
Edwardo wrote:
RollerBee wrote:I think we can pretty much say Whitewater Falls was just a case of the budget was needed for the new County Fair.

You mean to tell me the 3 employees who worked Whitewater Falls don't even out the budget for the 8-12 new employees to cover County Fair? I'm shocked!
By RollerBee
Edwardo wrote:

Motor Boat Cruise at Disneyland was removed for Toontown in the 90s.
By coasterbruh
First, that's disneyland. Second, get out of the 90's will ya!
By Edwardo
The ride was removed because of the rising cost to operate it and land it sat on, not because of the budget for County Fair. It actually costs money to demo something, and if they were running out of money in the budget they simply would have left the ride SBNO.

Not only that, but someone from the park actually confirmed this was planned. Because parks don't spontaneously make decisions about everything like you think they do.
By RollerBee
^Well duh it was planned.
Diamond Falls' site at KD sat empty after the 2001 season until Backlot was built.
By RollerBee
Makes sense to me, Whitewater Falls was removed because of what you said and they transfered the operating budget from WWF to the new County Fair. Operating budget being the cost of labor, power and water for the ride. WWF took 2-3 employees to operate, Zephyr takes 1-2 as does Do-Si-Do. Rock N Roller I think I have seen up to three. Electrospin I don't know.

My point is I predict Vortex will converted to floorless while the Whitewater Falls spot sits as is for 2018. 2019 is in my opinion when an attraction will be put where WWF was.

Or to put it another way.....
Do-Si-Do and Rock N Roller replaced WWF and Electrospin and Zephyr replaced Southern Sidewinder. I imagine the cost to run the new four rides is similar or less than the cost to run WWF and Southern Sidewinder.

Maybe I am wrong and it is more but my point being four rides were added to Carowinds' Operating budget and two rides were removed.
Last edited by RollerBee on June 6th, 2017, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RollerBee
Carowinds2005 wrote:^ You lost me when you said WWF took 3-5 Associates.

It took 2. Driver and a person at Unload. That's it.

I edited it, but I seen 3 down there on slow day last year. Drive, unload and greeter.

You operated for how many years? I hated the ride so I rarely rode it.
By Edwardo
It's not a this or that kind of thing. The slide was in the way so they removed it. The chute was expensive to operate so they removed it.

Neither of those are related to the budget of County Fair. The chute decision likely came much later than the budget being set for county Fair.
By RollerBee
So there had to be a reason Thunder Road was removed other than it was in the way but they can take slides down simply because they are in the way.

Those two thoughts contradict each other.