General Carowinds discussion
By Edwardo
As with any marketing, you.market at the right time. You know about the ride. Tonnes of GP have no idea what they're doing.
By Kineticmind
Regardless of the opening of County Fair, it's still hard for me to believe that the land cleared out by White Water Falls removal won't be used in the near future, especially with it being adjacent to a section of the park that is rather low key with the removal of Thunder Road. That land can be accessed near the number cars, similar to the entrance to Frenzoid once upon a time.
By RollerBee
jeffdavis wrote:I love the name you gave the screenshot file. :)

We can see how many dispatches Famous Amos gets now. :)

That explains the slow dispatch times this morning.
By gabed
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (605.47 KiB) Viewed 2805 times

I'm pretty late to the party
By jeffdavis
RollerBee wrote:The webcam is pointed at the County Fair again, could the wind be moving it around?

Absolutely. The winds in this area are known for moving webcams from the newest attraction area to the attraction that might get modified soon and then back to the newest attraction area.
By RollerBee
jeffdavis wrote:
RollerBee wrote:The webcam is pointed at the County Fair again, could the wind be moving it around?

Absolutely. The winds in this area are known for moving webcams from the newest attraction area to the attraction that might get modified soon and then back to the newest attraction area.

Well awhile back it was pointed at the waterpark then back to the County Fair.
By FamousAmos
RollerBee wrote:
jeffdavis wrote:I love the name you gave the screenshot file. :)

We can see how many dispatches Famous Amos gets now. :)

That explains the slow dispatch times this morning.

I didn't operate Vortex this morning. I was at other attractions.
Don't blame me. :wave:
By mark40511
Do u notice how sometimes when you're looking at the webcam it will suddenly start to look like the video quality is horrible and shaky. It comes and goes and at first I thought it was just the wind causing it, but there are days it does it when it looks like there is virtually no wind. It will be great for a few minutes then it gets freaky looking then goes back to looking crystal clear. Maybe it's just the wind up there that isn't at the surface? I don't know.
By carolinaman
I have noticed it too. I have always though that when it gets shaky is when the shytower cabin is near the top and rotating.
By FamousAmos
Sometimes it's not windy at all on ground level, yet you look up at the american flag and it's blazin' in the wind.
By mark40511
I would think the skytower rotating would make the most sense. But watching during winter when they are doing construction and the skytower is obviously not moving, it still does it. I guess the only logical explanation would be wind gusts.