General Carowinds discussion
By Axel
^ If they get another Churro stand, hopefully they will taste better than the bland Oreo ones they sold at the Fury 325 Media Day. :thumbdown:
By BelowThePeak
I'd definitely bet on the Vortex conversion, but I'm not sure what else the park could have up its sleeves. If it were up to me, I'd spend that year trying to really improve landscaping/maintenance and perhaps give Carolina Harbor another addition.

I'm also beginning to think more about the old County Fair area. Is it still going to have the same name next year? If not, I think whatever name it gets would spell out the future of that area. Regardless, that section of the park definitely needs to be rehashed, and that's something I'd focus on in 2018.
By FamousAmos
Landscaping is already being taken care of. Mrs. Pat has had her way with adding more flowers throughout the park (a rather nice touch). But unfortunately, there is a slight issue with adding more landscaping in several areas. There is not enough irrigation in several areas of the park. You can't have flowerbeds without being able to constantly water them. The only alternative is to spend money and dig into the ground, find the nearest water pipe, and add the irrigation system to it. It all depends on if the park wants to do it.

I certainly hope so...
By pproteinc
Well maybe if paramount didn't decide to fill in all the lakes and rivers that went throughout the park we wouldn't be having this conversation?
By gabed
I wouldn't necessarily be shocked if we saw our next coaster in 2018. Given Cedar Point and Kings Island's recent additions, it seems possible.

Although the Vortex conversion seems more likely.
By CCookieMonster
gabed wrote:I wouldn't necessarily be shocked if we saw our next coaster in 2018. Given Cedar Point and Kings Island's recent additions, it seems possible.

Although the Vortex conversion seems more likely.

Having both would be a bit much, but with the huge investment, it is still a possibility (a small one though). But, I agree with gabed. A completely new coaster or a Vortex conversion. I hope they do something else, too like put more beauty in the park and more plants and trees. Maybe the new resort will come in 2018, but that might be wishful thinking (lol).
By Edwardo
No. the park isn't going to put up that much capitol in one season and market two coasters when it isn't going to affect attendance enough for the positive and it isn't going to give enough return on investment.

Which is why you don't see parks do that (outside of new park openings where the return on investment is different, or a dueling coaster).

An adult and a kiddy coaster, occasionally, but not a several million dollar makeover of one and a several million construction of another. Not when they can stretch that marketing over two years instead of blowing your load on one.