General Carowinds discussion
By Wood Coaster
A group of us have been getting Gold passes for the last couple of years with includes quite a few adults & some kids.

In our group we have a kid that just turned (3) in January & one that will turn (3) in May.

Last year they got in for free because they were under (3) years old.

The (3) year old is afraid right now to ride most things that his height will allow & would hate to go to the expense of getting expensive passes & not ride very much.

Question.... How close do they look at do look at kids age & height to see if they have to buy a ticket or a season pass.

Not trying to beat the system.... But for one year they are on the borderline & it may determine if we continue our tradition we started (3) years ago.
By CarowindsFan
What lesson are you teaching your child when you do this? Believe me, they pay attention to that type of thing at that age.
I never will forget seeing a Dad tell his daughter one time "If the man asks you tell him you are 8 years old". I vowed then that I would never do that.
If you can afford the ticket, buy the ticket. If not, skip a year and take your kid to the park. If they don't like rides, they will love it just as much.
By Edwardo
This website is monitored by park officials. You're not going to find anyone here telling you how to break or skirt the rules.

If your child is three, be honest and buy them a season pass. If you can't afford that, a season pass isn't what you should be worried about.
By RollerBee
Wood Coaster wrote:A group of us have been getting Gold passes for the last couple of years with includes quite a few adults & some kids.

In our group we have a kid that just turned (3) in January & one that will turn (3) in May.

Last year they got in for free because they were under (3) years old.

The (3) year old is afraid right now to ride most things that his height will allow & would hate to go to the expense of getting expensive passes & not ride very much.

Question.... How close do they look at do look at kids age & height to see if they have to buy a ticket or a season pass.

Not trying to beat the system.... But for one year they are on the borderline & it may determine if we continue our tradition we started (3) years ago.

Kings Dominion has a Pre-K pass, but I think you have to sign up for it in advance.
By Wood Coaster
Thanks All.

I wished they had a (Pre-K) pass or something like that.

I'm sure they have weighed that Option of a (Pre-K/ticket)....Being that..... You would bring in more families/visitors to the park.... verses..... A adult ticket price for 3 year old..... Its a business in the end & I understand that.