General Carowinds discussion
pproteinc wrote:WBTV News is doing a story on the rezoning of the said property for the proposed hotel at Carowinds tonight on the news and will be discussing what developers could have planned for it.

Someone please provide updates on the story, I am currently not in CLT so I cannot watch WBTV tonight :(
If WBTV is doing a story on the rezoning, ask yourself why they are doing it just days before this years announcement rather than weeks ago as soon as it was mentioned in the zoning hearing.

There are reporters at every hearing, and it has seemed strange to me that not one local news source, til now, has even hinted at what was mentioned at that meeting.

I think WBTV was given the exclusive first look/interviews if they would just hold off on running the story for a bit.
cadi40 wrote:The rezoning was approved. If the rezoning was approved does the project need to be approved? They mentioned that they would be building a Hotel on the property and City Council approved it.

Rezoning and building approval are different things.
tarheel1231 wrote:I'm prolly gonna miss it, I don't have a functioning TV in my room. But I'm sure it'll be on the website.

What time does it come on Protein?

It came on at 6pm. I'm sure it'll be on in the morning. I was in route to another office passing thru our break room when they mentioned it on tv.
cwgator wrote:
Kineticmind wrote:Just an FYI, there is work occurring on that land the past several days.

Are you sure what you saw wasn't parking for the PGA Tour?

Not PGA related. They were digging some pretty serious holes and such with bulldozers.
coasterbruh wrote:After more "research" I came to the conclusion I should take that statement with a half grain of salt as far as year end 2017 . . . At least for Carowinds.

Yeah, the more I looked into it, I agree with you. However, I do think that is at least half right. By the end of the year 2017 I wouldn't be surprised for Cedar Fair to officially announce a hotel coming to Carowinds in general terms - moreso for the benefit of investors. The official announcement from the park regarding actual details is some time off. Two completely different announcements.
Just an FYI:

Rezoning Petition #: 2017-093
Detailed construction plans for the proposed site development are to be submitted for review and approval to the City of Charlotte’s Land Development Division after land entitlement (approved rezoning).

So I doubt your seeing anything other than possibly soil samples.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/093-094/2017-093%20staff%20analysis.pdf

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/093-094/2017-093%20eng%20rev.pdf
A few things about the rezoning.

In the picture here it shows that the City of Charlotte received the rezoning request in May. Also note the other highlighted area, "Rezoning applications will not be processed until a required pre-application meeting with a rezoning team member is held." That meeting is not scheduled until Sept. 25. There won't be an official announcement until after that date at the earliest.

cadi40 wrote:
pproteinc wrote:WBTV News is doing a story on the rezoning of the said property for the proposed hotel at Carowinds tonight on the news and will be discussing what developers could have planned for it.

Someone please provide updates on the story, I am currently not in CLT so I cannot watch WBTV tonight :(

Download the WBTV News App on your cell phone and you can watch WBTV News wherever you are. They are also on Roku if you are out of the coverage area and want to watch the news on your TV. Same with WSOC. I am in Greenville, SC and can get WBTV with an antenna, but I have to watch WSOC on the Roku.
There sure are a lot of port-o-pottys out there. I wonder who will be using them?
They are near the parking lot entrance/pay gate, so I do not think they were for PGA parking.