General Carowinds discussion
Filed Friday on Accela:
So is the hearing on the 14th, or is that when development is scheduled to start?

Either way, Hotel Carowinds is a-go!
By gabed
If work is starting on the 14th, you could probably count on it being open in 2019-2020
By Grobble
This may not be with Marriott. If you look carefully Marriott is Springhill Suites, one word. This is listed as Spring Hill Suites, 2 words. That's kind of a big error to make on permits. Another point is Marriott is always listed in the official title on their properties...Springhill Suites - Marriott or Springhill Suites by Marriott. Also, Cedar Fair has not been building their hotel/resorts in conjunction with hotel chains, they have been full owners.
Grobble wrote:This may not be with Marriott. If you look carefully Marriott is Springhill Suites, one word. This is listed as Spring Hill Suites, 2 words. That's kind of a big error to make on permits. Another point is Marriott is always listed in the official title on their properties...Springhill Suites - Marriott or Springhill Suites by Marriott. Also, Cedar Fair has not been building their hotel/resorts in conjunction with hotel chains, they have been full owners.

And using if Cedar Fair used the name "Spring Hill Suites" that space in "Spring Hill" would not protect them from Marriott in a lawsuit.
By Grobble
RollerBee wrote:
Grobble wrote:This may not be with Marriott. If you look carefully Marriott is Springhill Suites, one word. This is listed as Spring Hill Suites, 2 words. That's kind of a big error to make on permits. Another point is Marriott is always listed in the official title on their properties...Springhill Suites - Marriott or Springhill Suites by Marriott. Also, Cedar Fair has not been building their hotel/resorts in conjunction with hotel chains, they have been full owners.

And using if Cedar Fair used the name "Spring Hill Suites" that space in "Spring Hill" would not protect them from Marriott in a lawsuit.

The space doesn't protect them, if this property is not with Marriott. However, the designation of "Spring Hill Suites Carowinds" could be considered material different than SpringHill Suites Marriott or by Marriott.
By Justin
Its a pre submittal meeting with City land development and engineer staff to discuss a conceptual plan that the engineer put together based on what Carowinds wanted. Its a chance to discuss design requirements like water quality, sidewalks, road improvements, etc... I don't understand why a SpringHill? They're building a SpringHill Suites in Whitehall around the corner from me and 3 other hotels in Berewick. There will be crazy amounts of hotels in the area.

Btw, the space between Springhill doesn't make a difference. I frichen hate filling out Acella when I submit my civil projects to the City.
Awesome news! This will be great for the park, but I wish they would focus on re-paving the entire parking lot and making the entry and exit patterns a lot more defined and easy, including the S curves right after going through the toll plaza.....

Cant wait to learn more about the hotel though and watch it come to life...