General Carowinds discussion
#98257
Justin wrote:I wish Charlotte didn't make Accela accessible for the public. It's meant for us Civil Engineers to submit projects to land development for plan review and permitting. It wasn't made for folks to get the sense of pride that they shared the information first on this forum.

Quick question, who is getting a sense of pride in this forum?

And furthermore, do you think the small amount of people (us) who do access it really makes that much of a difference to the park where it impacts their announcements and/or plans? I'm not sure if this is the forum for you because we are gonna KEEP check both county sites for new information about the park.

Or did you just want to let us know you're a civil engineer . . .
#98262
Image
Yet you fail to answer the question so I will ask again . . . Quick question, who is getting a sense of pride in this forum? Remember, you too have made those very post you now loathe . . .
Justin wrote:I heard from an insider that a coaster will be going in the spot of the removed Whitewater Falls ride in 2019.

Justin wrote:Because that's the kind of vague information I get from my friends who work in the park. And I'm going to be vague as I can because I'm not going to get my friends in trouble. There is a PowerPoint of planned rides with only descriptions that goes all the way to 2022. About as vague as "dark ride" for 2018, but that could of been the Plants vs. Zombies and they achieved that ride goal earlier.


Don't come on here making outlandish claims, get called out on them and play the victim.
#98263
Justin wrote:There is a PowerPoint of planned rides with only descriptions that goes all the way to 2022. About as vague as "dark ride" for 2018, but that could of been the Plants vs. Zombies and they achieved that ride goal earlier.

We've all seen the PowerPoint. It was posted here. I think it was released during a Cedar Fair earnings call.
#98264
You want ego? I could tell you a lot about what the park is doing that isn’t posted on the internet. Because I got it like that. You know what else? I’m not the only one here (right Jarsh?). I choose not to speak about it. Know what else else? Sorry your ego is so fragile.

#sorrynotsorryasshat
#98269
Why the heck are people being defensive and mean? I just made a statement about Accela, that was it. I don't want to argue or fight. Coasterbruh just drop it. Ed, why are you being mean? You don't remember standing next to me in line on Fury and we messaged on an 'app?' I'm a really nice guy. I tried last year making a post to get a meet up started, and nobody was interested...
#98270
Justin wrote:Why the heck are people being defensive and mean? I just made a statement about Accela, that was it.

No, that was NOT just it. This is your post, and I quote . . .
Justin wrote:I wish Charlotte didn't make Accela accessible for the public. It's meant for us Civil Engineers to submit projects to land development for plan review and permitting. It wasn't made for folks to get the sense of pride that they shared the information first on this forum.

It reeks of elitism and very condesending. I have asked several times who has been showing a "sense of pride" to which you have YET to make it known.

Justin wrote: I don't want to argue or fight. Coasterbruh just drop it.

You're doing a dang good job at that, by saying we have hurt egos, sassy grown men, childish trolls . . . etc. And you wonder why you get the responses you have gotten. Passive aggressiveness doesn't look good on ANYONE. Dont act so "clueless" as to why everyone who has posted after you have not made favorable post about your post basically calling us prideful for discussing PUBLIC RECORD.

Justin wrote:Ed, why are you being mean? You don't remember standing next to me in line on Fury and we messaged on an 'app?'

Now did we ALL need to know that? Are you trying to call him out. I'm gonna say this in a way you may understand . . . "No one likes a messy, shady queen".

Justin wrote:I'm a really nice guy.

Image
Here's a pointer, nice guys don't go around and make outlandish claims and then play the victim.

#ThatsAll


Now, back to this hotel . . .
#98271
Justin wrote:Ed, why are you being mean? You don't remember standing next to me in line on Fury and we messaged on an 'app?' I'm a really nice guy.


Disagreeing with you either in person or online doesn't mean I'm being 'mean'. Just because we talked on Grindr about hanging out at the park doesn't entitle you to any special privileges, nor does disagreeing on a message board 'behind a keyboard' preclude us from hanging out at the park. Heck, Doug is a good friend of mine, ask him if he gets special treatment when I disagree with him. Or just ask Amos. Or even Jonathan...And I know and like all of them...

Why the heck are people being defensive and mean? I just made a statement about Accela, that was it.


I don't have any issues with you making your statement wishing Accela was private at all, and to be fair, no one here seems to have much issue that you feel that way. Maybe understand the way you phrased it came across to some as condescending. I had no issues with it. I did, however, take issue with this:

It wasn't made for folks to get the sense of pride that they shared the information first on this forum.


You could have left that off your post. It was overtly condescending (I know, I'm the king of condescension) and rude to an established group of people discussing a public posting on a public website that just happens to be on topic on this forum. Then you continued to be kinda rude and douchy when people pointed out you were being rude and douchy.

I don't want to argue or fight.


Then don't be rude and douchy and accuse people of being egotistical (the subtext to your initial comment), after, as Coasterbruh pointed out, you've posted on here seemingly trying to show that you have some inside info.

Jarvis and others asked you a question about your implication that people on here were searching for some sense of overinflated pride simply by posting something thats on a public website for discussion on another public website. You refused to answer and started accusing people of being prideful. Maybe tone it down? Instead of getting overly defensive and accusing that of others, just say "Sorry, didn't mean to come off that way" and maybe explain what you meant, while acknowledging no-one here was being overtly prideful in this thread...

Just a thought. Doesn't matter much to me. I'm just sitting in my living room watching Star Trek reruns.
#98272
I feel like we know all there is to know about the hotel at this point, but given that the Sportplex was just recently discovered, I think it’s more intriguing. The fact that it’s labeled as a “Sportsplex Building” leads me to believe that it’ll be indoors. I think we’ll see it being constructed with the hotel simultaneously, and the former will be announced with the 2019 attraction(s). Next season is going to be another transformational year, I’m getting 2015 vibes already.
  • 1
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests