General Carowinds discussion
By IntimidationNation
While riding intimidator, I noticed a almost bunker looking facade when the end of Defex use to be. So maybe a haunted Mineshaft or a fallout bunker maze.
By tinotoot
I'm headed to the park Wednesday (for the last time this season until my one visit to SCarowinds...college life!), and was wondering if any decorations have gone up for SCarowinds around the park yet? Any tombstones? Spiderwebs? I'd love to snap some pics!
By IntimidationNation
tinotoot wrote:I'm headed to the park Wednesday (for the last time this season until my one visit to SCarowinds...college life!), and was wondering if any decorations have gone up for SCarowinds around the park yet? Any tombstones? Spiderwebs? I'd love to snap some pics!

I didn't see any decorations up yet. They usually don't start putting up that type of stuff until the park is closed during the weekdays
By carolinaman
I noticed Saturday night that they have started changing light bulbs and putting filters on the lights from white to red in the Boardwalk section. Ricochet sign was red too.
By CCookieMonster
How good is Scarowinds? This is my first year going and I want t know if it is scary and funny watching other people run and scream from the "monsters", or will I almost fall asleep walking around the park (obviously hyperbole)? I just want to know if I should have high expectations or low expectations. I will also be going near the end of October.
:?:
By pproteinc
End of October is going to be rather rough lol. You're not going to be able to do everything and that's fact.
By CCookieMonster
My friend who went last year invited me to come with him this year and said they stayed until it closed but there were so many people that they only got to be on the NC side b/c he waited for his dad and brother for an hour who were waiting for Fury.
By Wood Coaster
What is the best time to visit SCarowinds to avoid the largest crowds?

1.) Early September.... Late September..... Early October?

2.) Friday or Saturday Nights in September?

3.) Friday, Saturday or Sundays in October?
By tinotoot
To answer everyone's questions: Sunday nights in October are ideal. The crowds are minimal. I know this as a former employee and a guest. On Sundays, pretty much all the mazes are walk-ins. Sometimes there is a lack of actors because many of them are under 18 and have to leave by 10:30, but it's totally worth going on a Sunday because you get to actually do everything!
By Wood Coaster
Thank You.

tinotoot wrote:To answer everyone's questions: Sunday nights in October are ideal. The crowds are minimal. I know this as a former employee and a guest. On Sundays, pretty much all the mazes are walk-ins. Sometimes there is a lack of actors because many of them are under 18 and have to leave by 10:30, but it's totally worth going on a Sunday because you get to actually do everything!
By Wolf
They renamed London Terror to Fleet Street because of the terrorist attacks that happened.
By FamousAmos
I think another proposed name would have been "West-Sinister Abbey"
By tinotoot
Changing the name in general was in good taste but it still just reminds me of an enema....!!! Amos' suggestion sounds cool! Or Ripper Street? I think someone already suggested that, maybe something more steampunk themed. Gears n' Gore? Hmm..But it's good they changed it at all, in my opinion.
Now...they still aren't giving us any more inklings on that new maze! I walked into the park yesterday and did some peeks, I saw an organ outside of a door to Defex, and some guy painting things, and a bunch of skeletons hanging up..I'm starting to think with the organ it could be something like Dominion of the Damned (a gothic/vampiric art museum type thing that Knott's had!). Then again, that organ could be for Silver Scream's vampire scene.
Arghhh who knows I have alot of theories! :crazy: