General Carowinds discussion
User avatar
By tinotoot
#96779
Well, I got my wish of wanting them to move the scarezones because they were too close together! I like the layout this year!
User avatar
By pproteinc
#96801
IntimidationNation wrote:
carolinaman wrote:Reading the last line, could the Overlord be coming back??

Hopefully they do bring back the overlord. I feel like the attractions were better for some reason. When the witch took over, it seemed as if all the mazes and scare zones were no longer for haunt fans but instead for family's with kids. Also, did anyone else notice that the Carolina Skytower is on the list of attractions. I'm curious if they aren't doing the cat eyes this year so they can jump straight into Winter fest after scarowinds.

On my way home from work I saw the eyes are up on the sky tower.
By CCookieMonster
#96805
That's great! :thumbup: Time is really flying by! I remember watching Opening day from the webcam, and Scarowinds opens tomorrow.

Has there ever been a time when Carowinds wasn't ready for the Scarowinds season for opening night, like this year on 3/25 when County Fair wasn't completely ready? Just wanted to know. I'm interested in stuff everyone else is not.
By jeffdavis
#96808
There have been times when people have posted on here that they felt some scaractors (spelling?) weren't ready/prepared on opening night, but I've never heard of issues with props, decorations, effects, etc. Usually after one night the new scaractors have a good idea of the best places to be, the best scares, etc. I've been to several opening nights and then when I went back another night I could tell a difference in scaractors, but for the most part, everything with Scarowinds is always ready to go.

I won't be able to make it this weekend so I'm hoping to read some reviews tomorrow.
User avatar
By IntimidationNation
#96809
jeffdavis wrote:There have been times when people have posted on here that they felt some scaractors (spelling?) weren't ready/prepared on opening night, but I've never heard of issues with props, decorations, effects, etc. Usually after one night the new scaractors have a good idea of the best places to be, the best scares, etc. I've been to several opening nights and then when I went back another night I could tell a difference in scaractors, but for the most part, everything with Scarowinds is always ready to go.

I won't be able to make it this weekend so I'm hoping to read some reviews tomorrow.

A couple years ago on opening night when it was still called Asylum, the blatterbag wasn't working opening night, but it was fixed the next night. The only reason I remember is because my mom has really bad claustrophobia and she was able to go through it without having a panic attack.
By RollerBee
#96810
CCookieMonster wrote:That's great! :thumbup: Time is really flying by! I remember watching Opening day from the webcam, and Scarowinds opens tomorrow.

Has there ever been a time when Carowinds wasn't ready for the Scarowinds season for opening night, like this year on 3/25 when County Fair wasn't completely ready? Just wanted to know. I'm interested in stuff everyone else is not.

It isn't uncommon for additional decorations to be added after opening night.
By Flarsen
#96811
I am going today for opening and was wondering what the best maze to go for the first time with new 12 year old visitors. (My younger brother is coming with me and I dont want him crying all night) :lol: Least scary maze?
By RollerBee
#96812
Flarsen wrote:I am going today for opening and was wondering what the best maze to go for the first time with new 12 year old visitors. (My younger brother is coming with me and I dont want him crying all night) :lol: Least scary maze?

Honestly I would say it changes from visit to visit with a lot of the issues being just luck of timing between visitors and actors.

I didn't go last year, but in 2015 the least scariest maze returning this season in my opinion is Zombie High School.
By jeffdavis
#96813
It also depends on what scares the person the most. If it's gory scenes, darkness, claustrophobia, surprises, sounds, flashing lights, etc.

One solution would be to just offer to let the kid close their eyes and you lead them out of the maze if it gets to be too much.

The scare zones might be a good warm-up for someone like that.
User avatar
By tinotoot
#96814
Zombie High is not too scary, and I found Dark Harvest to not be too intense either. All the scarezones should be okay, they are not too bad at all (Scary Tales and London Terror are especially mild)! When Urgent Scare was Asylum and 7th Ward I thought it was scary but now that it's just an actual haunted hospital rather than an insane asylum I think it's definitely less scary. Slaughterhouse would definitely be a no-go for your youngster. It's soooooo gory and left me shaking when I went in it a couple years ago!
These are just my opinions though. I used to be a fearful preteen, and if the same mazes that I went in as a preteen were still around, I'd be able to recommend them (ex: Last Laff, Defex, Fury)
User avatar
By IntimidationNation
#96815
Flarsen wrote:I am going today for opening and was wondering what the best maze to go for the first time with new 12 year old visitors. (My younger brother is coming with me and I dont want him crying all night) :lol: Least scary maze?

In my opinion, the two least scariest always seem to be Silver Scream and Zombie High. But if they haven't been through any haunts before, I recommend taking them through the scare zones to test the waters first.
User avatar
By Hiveminded
#96818
Ok, the set up for Blood Yard is really cool looking! The stage with the lighted trees and drop tower behind it looks amazing.

Last edited by Hiveminded on September 16th, 2017, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Wolf
#96819
Depths of Darkness is really cool. It is, in fact, very dark and you really have to feel your way around to get out.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest