General Carowinds discussion
By xbrianx
First trip to Carowinds in 20 years and have some 2017 Unlimited Drinks Souvenir bottle questions for all you pros out there:
1) Planning on coming this Friday 7/14/2017 ($36 tickets if I use promo code RALHC)
2) If I purchase the Unlimited Drinks Souvenir bottle online, do I pick up the bottle at the gate when I arrive?
3) At $10.99, this seems like a good value for 2 adults and 4 kids to split - are there limitations on how many times I can refill it?
4) Where can I refill it? Are there Coke Freestyle stations located throughout the park?
5) Do I just walk up to the machines and refill myself?
6) Can I refill with water or non-carbonated choices?
7) What about the rides- where do I put it if all six of us want to ride say the cyclone, or goldrush, or Intimidator?
8) I've heard that you can also just use paper cups in lieu of this Souvenir bottle, that way you don't have to carry the bottle around?
9) If all else fails, do you guys ever hide the bottle in bushes?

Thanks in advance for any tips and tricks!
xbrianx wrote:First trip to Carowinds in 20 years and have some 2017 Unlimited Drinks Souvenir bottle questions for all you pros out there:
1) Planning on coming this Friday 7/14/2017 ($36 tickets if I use promo code RALHC)
2) If I purchase the Unlimited Drinks Souvenir bottle online, do I pick up the bottle at the gate when I arrive?
3) At $10.99, this seems like a good value for 2 adults and 4 kids to split - are there limitations on how many times I can refill it?
4) Where can I refill it? Are there Coke Freestyle stations located throughout the park?
7) What about the rides- where do I put it if all six of us want to ride say the cyclone, or goldrush, or Intimidator?
8) I've heard that you can also just use paper cups in lieu of this Souvenir bottle, that way you don't have to carry the bottle around?

1. Great deal.
2. I think you can pick it up anywhere drink bottles are sold, but someone here can verify.
3. Every 15 minutes.
4. Anywhere they sell drinks.
5. You go through the line and they scan your cup each time. A lot of times though, the 16 year old couldn't care less and just lets you walk up and refill.
6. You can. Water (non-carbonated) is free and is not part of the 'every 15 minutes'.
7. Most rides have a spot for drink bottles. Some don't (Fury 325). You will need a locker ($2 for two hours) or you can risk hiding your bottle outside the ride. Someone could steal your bottle though.
8. That's only for season pass holders.
9. My bottle was stolen from the ride platform during ERT at an ACE event so don't trust anyone.
xbrianx wrote:First trip to Carowinds in 20 years and have some 2017 Unlimited Drinks Souvenir bottle questions for all you pros out there:

1) Great Deal! :)
2) You may pick it up anywhere where they offer the souvenir cups and present the ticket which you have paid for the cup (since i have a season pass, I have no clue if it goes with your ticket or a separate paper)
3) Both souvenir bottles are 15 minutes per free refill.
4) Any place where they offer drinks (not including ICEE) Coca-Cola Freestyle is located at Harmony Hall (right beside Intimidator's hill) and Coca-Cola Marketplace is located right before Fury.
5) Other than the Coca-Cola Marketplace/Freestyle and a few self serve Coca-Cola stations, you will hand a cashier your cup, they will scan it, and give you your drink. If you go to any of the previous mention places (where you get the drink on your own) you are not allowed to "just get it". Unfortunately, you have to get your cup scanned at the register before you can get your drink. The cashiers do this for 2 reasons, to make sure you have bought the cup, and make sure it has been 15 minutes. Sorry, I don't like this either. :thumbdown:
6) Yes
7) Every ride other than Fury325, you'll be able to put your drinks in the box located in each station. If you want to go on Fury325, you have to get a locker for any items you have located right outside the exit. Costs are $2 an hour. I strongly recommend that you leave your cup and any bags/larger items with a non-rider. :thumbup:
8) If you plan to get water, this is an option. Most drink locations offer paper cups for water. However, you can only have the season pass souvenir refill pass to get plastic Coca-Cola cups filled with drinks other than water.
9) Don't do this, please. You have risk of losing the cup.

FYI: If you plan to go to Carowinds ONE DAY this season, you should purchase the yellow souvenir cup. If you plan to go to Carowinds MORE THAN ONE DAY this season, you can purchase any souvenir cup, but I strongly recommend the red cup or free Coca-Cola plastic cups.

Enjoy your trip to Carowinds! :D
Thanks for the info, so just to be clear, once the cashier scans the cup, do I refill with my drink of choice or do they have to refill it? E.g. Can I fill it myself on the freestyle machines located throughout the park?
There are a couple of freestyle locations and some locations you fill it before they scan and some you scan before you fill, just depends. Harmony Hall is a great place to eat, they have the freestyle machines, and if you have kids they do shows etc. while you eat. All locations will fill the cup for you and you will know what to do. I assume you will print something and just chance it for a cup when you arrive at the park. I think that is how I did it this year, last year i just bought the year long cup at the park. Some places dont even scan it as well, really it just depends.