General Carowinds discussion
I don't understand why people are complaining. Planet Snoopy hasn't been touched in years and honestly I feel like the transition from Nick Central to Planet Snoopy was rather wimpy. Also this update is WAY better than what Kings Dominion got this season, so count your blessings. The new rides are cool and the jungle gym is a unique idea.

I do still think we'll get something awesome in 2019, but people need to chill.

Also any thoughts on if they will touch the area around Aerial Chase as well? I always considered that area to be part of Planet Snoopy.
Last edited by Top Gun68 on August 16th, 2017, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychoticbiotic wrote:I don't have any children so this has no bearing on me personally in any way, though I understand the decision.

If I'm being honest though, I'm starting to lose hope that Carowinds is ever gonna get a launched coaster.

:cry:

Bruh we legit got Fury less than 3 years ago...
I love the re-theme! (there should be a heart-eyes smiley on here)

Random but I keep reading "Snack Shack" as "Shake Shack" and I get so excited because that's my favorite burger place! But I don't think they exist south of Virginia :cry:
(Off topic, but a Shake Shack is under construction at Park Road Shopping Center in Charlotte near the movie theater.)

I'm personally not excited about Camp Snoopy because my kids are older now. However, I admit that area needs attention. As much as I like thrill rides, there is still a need for family attractions.
By cadi40
I love the new theme from what the pictures show! I hope they use theme music instead of blasting 2015 Pop Music in a Wilderness themed area, If they added themed music it would really add the final touch! Just like County Fair!
By gabed
tarheel1231 wrote:
psychoticbiotic wrote:I don't have any children so this has no bearing on me personally in any way, though I understand the decision.

If I'm being honest though, I'm starting to lose hope that Carowinds is ever gonna get a launched coaster.

Plus if we're being perfectly honest the park did get a launch coaster in 1978 :)
Last edited by gabed on August 16th, 2017, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cadi40
gabed wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:

Plus if we're being perfect honest the park did get a launch coaster in 1978 :)

LOL, If I'm being honest if I had to choose between our park in 1978 and 2005 I Would choose 1978.
I love how the area is going to look and I think it great that they are moving something's out of the area and putting them else where in the park.
By fishels

Bro we got Fury in 2015, a huge water park expansion in 2016, a new fair section in 2017 and in 2018 we are finally getting a decent children expansion.

I want thrill rides as well but we can't have something amazing every year. It takes time and a lot of money they have already spent. Don't lose hope but you'll probably be waiting a while.
So where will the Woodstock Gliders end up? Crossroads? County Fair? Maybe by Drop Tower? So excited that the ride will be moved within the adult section of the park! Hopefully they will get rid of those stupid seat belts for regular seat belts! Also hope, that they will staff the ride with two attendants the way it should be!

This pretty much confirms that Planet Snoopy will not be open for WinterFest!
cadi40 wrote:I love the new theme from what the pictures show! I hope they use theme music instead of blasting 2015 Pop Music in a Wilderness themed area, If they added themed music it would really add the final touch! Just like County Fair!

they did it with Carolina harbor also so I'm pretty sure they will do it here to.