General Carowinds discussion
By fishels
psychoticbiotic wrote:
fishels wrote:
psychoticbiotic wrote:I don't have any children so this has no bearing on me personally in any way, though I understand the decision.

If I'm being honest though, I'm starting to lose hope that Carowinds is ever gonna get a launched coaster.

:cry:

Bro we got Fury in 2015, a huge water park expansion in 2016, a new fair section in 2017 and in 2018 we are finally getting a decent children expansion.

I want thrill rides as well but we can't have something amazing every year. It takes time and a lot of money they have already spent. Don't lose hope but you'll probably be waiting a while.

Well perhaps I should clarify, lest I sound ungrateful: I wasn't actually expecting a new roller coaster next year. I understand they're, shall we say, costly to build. It's just that I've been wanting a launched coaster since well before Fury was announced. (And I'm quite aware I'll be waiting for a long time)

:thumbup: Oh yeah man I definitely want one too. I hope I didn't come off as rude to you as that was not my intention. So I do sincerely apologize if so. I was just trying to break down why I think this makes sense for their business plans.

But no I totally understand your hype. We are all enthusiasts here.
A-z coasters wrote:
mark40511 wrote:So just so I'm clear - the Vortex turning into a floorless is scraped? Or is it happening another year, or just not happening? Thanks

most likely 2019 or 20.

Or not happening at all
You never know :thumbup:
LOL I wish people would give it up on the Vortex conversion :roll:

On another note, I am pleased with the new camp snoopy area. Interesting to learn that the flyers are moving, hoping that it replaces the yo yo because the ride is pointless since we have zephr now.... I know my girlfriends son will love the new kid rides, there were a couple I didn't think of the Pig Pen and then the play area is going to be nice. I didn't see where the new "bath house" will be? Not a bad update, I hope they too work on some other things, in particular the parking lot and the entrance plaza, it needs a lot of work in a lot of areas....
By fishels
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:LOL I wish people would give it up on the Vortex conversion :roll:

On another note, I am pleased with the new camp snoopy area. Interesting to learn that the flyers are moving, hoping that it replaces the yo yo because the ride is pointless since we have zephr now.... I know my girlfriends son will love the new kid rides, there were a couple I didn't think of the Pig Pen and then the play area is going to be nice. I didn't see where the new "bath house" will be? Not a bad update, I hope they too work on some other things, in particular the parking lot and the entrance plaza, it needs a lot of work in a lot of areas....

So you don't think the conversion will ever happen while vortex stands?
By arby
I think this is a great announcement! Although I don't have any young kids it will be great for those who do. Also, Planet Snoopy felt cramped before and got crowded. I think this helps to open it up.
By cwgator
^It's just a rendering tho...lol I saw it but didn't think anything about it until now.

**Disclaimer: I do not think they will do this, but was a thought and wanted to share it**
As far as where Woodstock Gliders may go, I had a thought about putting it in from of Intimidator beside Harmony Hall. To see if this would fit I got on Google maps and see that it would fit...rather tightly. However creating the queue would be interesting even with the space left behind it as shown in the pic below. With it swinging out as it does, I don't think they'd actually do this, but here it is:
They probably just didn't want to waste room on the concept art showing off part of Camp Snoopy that is off to the corner and will go mostly unchanged with this expansion. The boutique and Flying Ace are definitely staying in kiddieland; it's not even really worth discussing.

What is worth discussing then, you might ask? That fountain area! Hopefully there are more to come!
redrunner97 wrote: The boutique and Flying Ace are definitely staying in kiddieland; it's not even really worth discussing.

It's staying but maybe not in "kiddieland"
Attachments
The rides that will be staying like Peanut Pirates and Flying Ace Balloon Race for example. Will they keep the same name or do you think their names will change to fit the theming of the area?
Hate to break it to everyone who thinks Woodstock Gliders will take over YoYo's spot... YoYo has a much smaller footprint... There's no way Woodstock Gliders will fit...

How about right in front of Drop Tower? Where the planter is?

Or maybe the County Fair?

I doubt they place it in WWF old location since that should be the area for our next coaster.

Also, who says they won't announce Vortex conversion later this year?

Notice - they didn't announce Carousel is moving. (They replied to a Facebook comment)

So maybe they are going to have a 2nd announcement regarding this.