General Carowinds discussion
I hope that they at least retheme Peanuts Pirates to fit in with Camp Snoopy. Sure, there are a few other rides that don't make you think "Camp" located in that section, but PP especially feels out of place.
BS1983CLT wrote:Hate to break it to everyone who thinks Woodstock Gliders will take over YoYo's spot... YoYo has a much smaller footprint... There's no way Woodstock Gliders will fit...

It's not that much smaller to where they can't add on... :think:
By Jonathan
Notice - they didn't announce Carousel is moving. (They replied to a Facebook comment)

So maybe they are going to have a 2nd announcement regarding this.

Moving rides within the park is not really something that warrants an announcement. It's something only the die hards care about. They emailed me yesterday after the announcement to make sure we put the word out here that the carousel and flyers were staying and being moved elsewhere in the park. I think that's your announcement.
YoYo's footprint is 93 feet in diameter. Gliders is about 123 feet in diameter. With it being so close to Afterburn they wouldn't be able to add the extra 30 feet to the existing YoYo footprint.
By cwgator
BS1983CLT wrote:Hate to break it to everyone who thinks Woodstock Gliders will take over YoYo's spot... YoYo has a much smaller footprint... There's no way Woodstock Gliders will fit...

The ride pad is the same size if not a little larger. Remember Whirling Dervish was there running with Top Gun (Afterburn) right there too.

BS1983CLT wrote:Notice - they didn't announce Carousel is moving. (They replied to a Facebook comment)

Yes, they have said that the Carousel and Woodstock Gliders will be moved to other locations within the park. There is no need to announce that. They could, but didn't want to take away from the Camp Snoopy announcement. They also didn't say that the other 3 rides were leaving either.
By Jonathan
I just used the measuring tool in Google Maps and they do seem to be around the same size. That Photoshop illustrates it even better. Seems like a logical spot. Selfishly I'm sure a lot of us would love the flyers there because it would be the place it's least likely to draw a line. Would lend credence to that area getting a revamp for 2019 too.
By gabed
The 50 million got blown through awhile ago. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Cedar Fair more or less said they were just going to keep investing like crazy until they were satisfied. Seems likely since the expansion was supposed to end last year and it's clearly still in effect.
Fury + Carolina Harbor alone was in the ballpark of $50 million. I don't think they're gonna stop investing anytime soon as far as accelerated growth goes, but I would imagine 2016 was the last year of the $50 million expansion.
carolinaman wrote:It's staying but maybe not in "kiddieland"

Well, color me incorrect.

Anybody got any name/theme suggestions that would be more uniquely Carolinian?

tarheel1231 wrote:There are two Flying Ace rides.

Not anymore apparently... but you don't have to rub it in. :roll: lol

I was referring to Arial Chase though.

Or maybe the County Fair?

Honestly, I like Tarheel's suggestion of placing the gliders in Scrambler's spot and then moving Scramble to County Fair (maybe renamed back to Kaleidoscope?).

dirkdiggler1992 wrote:What up guys! Long time reader/ first time poster.

I assume gliders will prob get a new name/theme.

They definitely will since the gliders are moving out of Camp Snoopy.

Also, welcome to the community! Your username is great, btw. :lol: