General Carowinds discussion
#95945
We've already heard people with "inside sources" who made their statements vague enough to the point that you can't call them out on it. Why should we trust you?
Last edited by tarheel1231 on September 4th, 2017, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Justin
#95946
Because that's the kind of vague information I get from my friends who work in the park. And I'm going to be vague as I can because I'm not going to get my friends in trouble. There is a PowerPoint of planned rides with only descriptions that goes all the way to 2022. About as vague as "dark ride" for 2018, but that could of been the Plants vs. Zombies and they achieved that ride goal earlier.
By CCookieMonster
#96068
Why are we making a 2019 speculation so early? I know this is coming from the person that started the 2018 speculation in November 2016, but at least the season was over. No rudeness or disrespectfulness in the comment was intended...just wondering.
User avatar
By gabed
#96086
A coaster of some sort seems obvious to me. As to conversion or ground-up, that is the question.

My money's on ground up, with Vortex happening in 2020 or later.
User avatar
By cadi40
#96091
gabed wrote:A coaster of some sort seems obvious to me. As to conversion or ground-up, that is the question.

My money's on ground up, with Vortex happening in 2020 or later.

Maybe Cedar Fair wants to keep 1 Stand Up in a Park? I bet on a Roller Coaster as well.
User avatar
By gabed
#96093
Nah, those stand up trains will meet their demise some day, I just don't think it will happen in 2019. Granted I also initially thought a coaster would come next year and clearly that's not the case. By any means it's still way to early to start speculating for 2019.
User avatar
By cadi40
#96094
gabed wrote:Nah, those stand up trains will meet their demise some day, I just don't think it will happen in 2019. Granted I also initially thought a coaster would come next year and clearly that's not the case. By any means it's still way to early to start speculating for 2019.

Yes I know it is way too early lol, I can't even remember making this thread. At least it's here for when we need it :D
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#96102
My vote is for a water coaster. That land is already in Carolina Harbor, why not? They cost a decent amount of money, but it could hold the park over for a short time. Plus the water park looks to be a major driver of the expansion, so I would assume that they'd want to invest in it more.
User avatar
By Chris
#96103
Were the other stand up trains brought to Carowinds for parts after those rides closed? If not, you can bet it's only a matter of time before Vortex gets converted.
User avatar
By A-z coasters
#96120
tarheel1231 wrote:My vote is for a water coaster. That land is already in Carolina Harbor, why not? They cost a decent amount of money, but it could hold the park over for a short time. Plus the water park looks to be a major driver of the expansion, so I would assume that they'd want to invest in it more.

the reason I'm a little skeptical about that is because I think Carowinds will stay with the trend where they upgrade an area of their park massively (Boomerang bay to Carolina harbor, RFD to country fair, planet to camp, you know what I mean), I think they will upgrade the crossroads section from chick-Fil-a to WWF and make that its own section. also if they do add a coaster I think it will be a firefighter themed launched coaster supporting the ladder game right next to it.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests