General Carowinds discussion
By carolinaman
I agree, I think they are just messing with us ( the enthusiast), with this and the picture on Snap Chat a few weeks ago of the picture of Vortex with the words still standing.
By gabed
VORTEX. IS. NOT. GOING. FLOORLESS. IN. 2018.

This is the same company that put Top Thrill Dragster on Windseeker souvenir cups in 2012. The same company that uses rides from other parks to advertise Carowinds. The same company that uses the same standard ads for all their parks.

The add means nothing.
By Chris
gabed wrote:This is the same company that put Top Thrill Dragster on Windseeker souvenir cups in 2012.

Carowinds getting a strata, confirmed!
By aoriole19
Gabed I honestly can't tell who you are arguing with, but I stand by what I said which is that I think the ad was intentionally messing with us. It doesn't mean Vortex is getting converted. But I'm sure the phrasing wasn't an accident.
By arby
gabed wrote:The same company that uses rides from other parks to advertise Carowinds. The same company that uses the same standard ads for all their parks.

I was told by park officials some years ago that the reason they do that is because it is way more cost effective to film California parks for commercials. If I recall correctly, it would cost something like 7 figures just to film the commercial at Carowinds.

This model allows them to put more of the money back into the parks rather than to the filming industry.
By gabed
Which makes sense. My point was just that Carowinds and Cedar Fair do not use standard advertising to hint at coming attractions. Unless it it obvious that the park is teasing, there is nothing more than what meets the eye when it comes to the park advertising seasons passes.
By Capler
Seems like a floorless Vortex to me.

Less Floor = Floorless

More Freedom = Your nuts will finally be unbound and can now lay comfortably to one side during the ride.

Besides, this would be the perfect opportunity to include an uninspired Vortex conversion with the underwhelming, but needed, Camp Snoopy upgrade. Those two together might make 2018 a tad more interesting.
By Jonathan
I think you guys are reading waaaay too much into that ad. Way too much.

Don't confuse it with a cheeky Snapchat post or assume that the person playing with your head on social media (hi Chris!) and the person designing those ads are the same.

It's a straightforward ad. Vortex will be the same in 2018.
By carolinaman
I understand what you are saying. I thought that the people at the park made the ads for such things as passes and such, and if that was the case it would be easy for them to use that as a easy way to mess with us as a pun and to the GP it just seems like they are talking about Afterburn. Thanks for the clarification. Don't get me wrong, I never thought it would go floorless in 2018. Personally and I have said it before that I would rather them build a new ground up floorless than convert Vortex.
By CCookieMonster
Right now I'm just expecting the least (no Vortex conversion), but am-low key- hoping for the possibility (yes Vortex conversion). I won't be disappointed if Vortex doesn't go floorless in 2018, but I won't be surprised if they do.
By Chris
CCookieMonster wrote:Right now I'm just expecting the least (no Vortex conversion), but am-low key- hoping for the possibility (yes Vortex conversion). I won't be disappointed if Vortex doesn't go floorless in 2018, but I won't be surprised if they do.

Do you mean announced in 2018, for operations in 2019? Because there is zero chance it operates in 2018 as a floorless.
By RRRAPIDS
If it ever goes floorless for 2019, I would like the Rougarou colors, and name it Wild Bull. MAYBE the supports a different color, but the burnt orange is beautiful. If this happens to be 2019 attraction, I'm sure we either will see another water park expansion/ or White Water Falls area being utilized all in the same year.
By BS1983CLT
Since it's the offseason and we have only a few more months until the park opens back up (Thank you Winterfest for a shorter offseason), what are your predictions for 2019?

I believe that 2019 will be our next major coaster. This will align perfectly with the new hotel that's rumored to open in 19' as well.

2014- Waterpark addition
2015- Fury325
2016- Waterpark addition
2017- County Fair
2018- Camp Snoopy
2019- ?!?

What makes the most sense for the park?
A new modern wooden roller coaster in the Crossroads section of the park.

As of now, the Crossroads area of the park features 3 flat rides and Plants vs Zombies.

There's nothing major to get the crowds back to this dead end area of the park.

The park would benefit by placing the entrance and exit of its newest roller coaster back where Thunder Roads station was.

This will drive traffic back to the corner of the park and rides like Afterburn will get more riders. (seems like no one knows where the ride is).

Why pay all of those games attendants $$ if they aren't getting much foot traffic? The park would double the game's revenue if there were more of a crowd back there.

A GCI woodie would cost the park anywhere from 6-10 million dollars and gives the park a much-needed replacement from Thunder Road.

The park could also use a launched coaster as well since we don't have one yet.

This year Cedar Fair built 4 new coasters! Next year I believe they will build 3.
Dorney Park, Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds.

Another reason for my prediction is quite simple, why tear down the old Panda Express building last year? Why tear down the restrooms outside of Harmony Hall this offseason to shift the building a little to widen up the pathways?

The park knows what it's doing and by doing the two above things has really opened up that part of the park quite nice.

They are expecting large crowds going that direction soon.

So what do you think 2019 will bring?