General Carowinds discussion
By FamousAmos
When I say WWF I also include the mini golf area since it's all basically the same plot of land. But I think that use to be the "Carolina RFD" section. Now it's basically nothing of a themed area anymore. Carolina RFD doesn't even appear on the map anymore.

They might as well include all of that in County Fair (WWF, and Arcade). That would even give more room for another County Fair style show. But again, I'm not sure how a new dry park entrance would be designed for the water park though. Really, all they could do is just make the entrance to the water park kinda generic. Either that, or do a "boardwalk" style entrance since it's a beach, but in a County Fair. Or maybe just stick with generic and give it some more greenery.

[EDIT]
If the were to add the arcade and wwf plot to County Fair, any structures they build there could have a "town" like style to them. Like a town hall, town jail, things like that. It would tie it all together better. That way, when you enter from Windseeker plaza, you see this town hall (which could serve as a Carowinds Museum of sorts), and you see this town, and then a County Fair. That would be really cool.
By coasterbruh
I vote keep it out of county fair and give its back it's original scheme. County fair is fine the way it is. Just the right size. No need to make it an actual County fair.
By RRRAPIDS
coasterbruh wrote:I vote keep it out of county fair and give its back it's original scheme. County fair is fine the way it is. Just the right size. No need to make it an actual County fair.
Exactly, I agree. Clearly county fair begins and ends with the overhead signage while walking through. As for the entrance to the waterpark, just put a nice themed overhead sign you just walk under. Maybe place a treasure box, or a small boat near by. But yes, County Fair is just perfect the way it is. Plus, the waterpark entrance already kills the idea of continuing County Fair down to Windseeker. No Bueno.
By tarheel1231
I just had a thought about the new name of the Gliders. Since the area it's going in has a bit of a rural vibe, why not name them "Catawba Creek Flyers" similar to the gliders at Dorney? It sounds Carolinian, it fits in the area, and it's just better in general than "Flying Eagles."

Actually, can we make a thread for the new name? If the park is viewing these threads, I feel like the suggestions will get caught up in the clutter.

By coasterbruh
tarheel1231 wrote:Actually, can we make a thread for the new name? If the park is viewing these threads, I feel like the suggestions will get caught up in the clutter.

Please don't. It's really shouldn't be discussed here as its moving next year in 2018. There is a general thread for general talk like this.
By tarheel1231
Rumor has it that Kings Island is removing their Dinos next year. They're no longer listed as a perk for passholders. If not by the beginning of next season, I could see DA leaving Carowinds towards the end of next season depending on what they decide to do for 2019 (though there is the fairly obvious Whitewater Falls lot where the entrance has yet to be removed).
By cwgator
tarheel1231 wrote:Rumor has it that Kings Island is removing their Dinos next year. They're no longer listed as a perk for passholders.

I thought it was kind of odd that they would do a live stream taking a stroll through there on the day the other parks were announcing attractions. I first thought it was a hint at them planning to remove it, but they were just talking about the different displays and that it was included with you season pass. It could have just been a tease after all if the rumor holds true.
By cadi40
Does anyone know when Carowinds might be removing Dino's alive? I think if they are going to spend money on a coaster they wanna do it right and not be limited to space so therefore they would use Dino's alive.
By coasterbruh
cadi40 wrote:Does anyone know when Carowinds might be removing Dino's alive? I think if they are going to spend money on a coaster they wanna do it right and not be limited to space so therefore they would use Dino's alive.

Who's to say the next coaster is going in over there? Besides, did anyone expect a coaster of the magnitude of Fury 325 to be at the park. They removed very little and it is one of the best coasters out there. And it has been said before, if parks like Cedar Point, Indiana beach and Gröna Lund can still build coaster after coaster so can Carowinds.
By uscbandfan
I guess as long as you have a footprint for a station, the track itself can meander around other attractions....especially steel track. They did that at SFoG with Goliath. Wood requires a bit more land area. (A wood coaster would be the reason to use WWF or Dino area.)
Before the water park expansion, I had originally thought that they would use more of the parking lot where TR sat for dry park expansion. Now that the Harbor is there and they need parking over there for that entrance, I don't see that as much. Maybe they could use dinos and go through Timmy and use a little of the parking there but that would be the only place I could see that. (Keeping in mind that an expanding park will need parking for its increase in customers and I don't see an expensive parking deck in the near future.)

Personally, I think it would be cool for a coaster to meander through other attractions and not stick to a specific area. It gives more sense of speed and excitement... not to mention fun for the people watching from the ground as well.
By RRRAPIDS
I would love to see a Racer Slide. They are neat, and they have a lower height requirement. Also, a wooden coaster cannot fit in WWF's spot. A decent sized Gerstlauer could. A good wooden coaster needs more space then that plot of land. Being that Six Flags is surprising everyone with innovative additions. I wouldn't be surprised to see a water ride return. I'm saying, don't expect the normal/ or trend from neighboring parks l. Anything can change.Even when the water park closes next week, it will still be hot a couple of weeks after. We need more water.
By cadi40
Six Flags is trying to one up Carowinds, And Carowinds will try to do that with Six Flags next year, 4 New Coasters at Carowinds for 2018, The Camp Snoopy announcement was a show, Not reality. :clap:
By gabed
You joke but given the amount of flat rides that Six Flags and Cedar Fair market as coasters that wouldn't be a hard thing to do.
By coasterbruh
Ummm, what amount of flat rides does Cedar Fair market as coasters?