General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
No other coaster in the park has a launch, let alone two.

Honestly idk what you’re expecting, it’s not like it’ll be a carbon copy of anything else in the park.
By Thrill Capture
tarheel1231 wrote:No other coaster in the park has a launch, let alone two.

Honestly idk what you’re expecting, it’s not like it’ll be a carbon copy of anything else in the park.

I'm expecting Helix/Icon, but the layout is not too bad, just could be better. I'm just glad we're supposedly getting a launch coaster in general :thumbup:
By Chris
Just remember that Cedar Fair usually does one major (in terms of cost) B&M type coaster and one or two secondary coasters. We already know Canada's Wonderland is getting the main coaster with their dive coaster. Lots of high expectations here. I'm just happy for a double launch. If it's Mack, even better! Everything else is the icing on the cake!
By Christopher Mallis
The blueprints do not line up with the others from Mack so I wouldn’t find this completely true however I do see potential for a Mack ride maybe just not this type. Remember we still have 3 more months until announcement day so anything can change.
By chknwing
Cedar Point will be adding/refurbishing special effects to Maverick and possibly Magnum. Any indications that this coaster or any other coaster at Carowinds may receive something similar?
By CCookieMonster
I would love to receive something similar to Maverick at Cedar Point. I've always wanted a coaster that launches and has a beyond vertical drop, but doesn't copy Maverick...is better. Ok, all of us want the best coaster in the world at Carowinds, if not there wouldn't be a wishlist thread. But, Cedar Point's refurbishments to Maverick might be an indication of something coming to our or another park, but also maybe not.
By gabed
I fail to see how Cedar Point giving some attention to one of their coasters mean that we too are getting a coaster.
By Jrlooney88
I doubt the two are meant to be tied directly together, but I speculate that since Cedar Fair has recently been incorporating more and more Lighting / Special Effects, Carowinds new ride could definitely have some neat lighting and special effects added to it.

Also, the Cedar Fair Q1 Results call is on Wednesday, so they may do something similar as last year and loosely speak on whats in store for 2019.
By Carowindsman
You know I just had a random thought. What if they were also going to update South Gate to coincide with the new coaster/area. South Gate is looking a little crappy lately.
By deaconnor
Carowindsman wrote:You know I just had a random thought. What if they were also going to update South Gate to coincide with the new coaster/area. South Gate is looking a little crappy lately.

That whole area of the park needs an overhaul desperately. Hopefully that will be part of the announcement. BTW I just visited the park for the first time in three years and tried Plants vs Zombies and it was really not fun. I like the concept but it's not quite there. Would love to see a dark ride in that spot eventually.
By Thrill Capture
Gopack44 wrote:Is the South Gate always open or just used on busy days? We always go in the main gate or the water park gate.

It's only open on busy days. Last year it was surprisingly open on Sundays because the crowds would get so high on that day!