General Carowinds discussion
By Grobble
gabed wrote:Now that is very telling.

Here's my guess for now: Crossroads gets both renovated and expanded, with the old WWF plot used to open up the area. I don't want to be the fanboy who screams "NEW COASTER!!!" every year, but it would make a lot of sense to put one back there to really sell the expansion.

New Area Upgrade and Vortex Conversion

New Coaster in expanded area that's how you "sell the expansion". Don't put everything in all at once, do it over a couple of years.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
BS1983CLT wrote:2019 is shaping up to be a heck of a year for the park! I wonder if the Gliders will still be built near the County Fair area or if they will be moved to the Crossroads?

GCI Woodie.... 2019
+ Gliders...

Its going where WWF entrance was in that spot. The area behind is to be expanded and a new coaster will sit there too......
By Thrill Capture
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:
BS1983CLT wrote:2019 is shaping up to be a heck of a year for the park! I wonder if the Gliders will still be built near the County Fair area or if they will be moved to the Crossroads?

GCI Woodie.... 2019
+ Gliders...

Its going where WWF entrance was in that spot. The area behind is to be expanded and a new coaster will sit there too......

One of the managers confirmed in a Facebook live stream that it won't be back until 2019
By gabed
Umm throwing everything in at once is exactly how you sell an expansion. Look at County Fair, Carolina Harbor and the Fury+Entrance Plaza.

No one’s gonna make a pilgrimage out to Carowinds to see a renamed area with a relocated ride. Also why would you renovate an entire area and randomly do Vortex? Make sure all the attention is on one side of the park for 2019, then shift it over to Vortex later.
By tarheel1231
Okay, now I’m on the 2019 Coaster train. Assuming that’s what “Project Alpha” is, and Project “Beta” will be the reconstruction of the flyers.
By gabed
cadi40 wrote:Anyone have a suspicion of what coaster it will be? I am going to say Launched or GCI/RMC.

I will be shocked if this isn’t a GCI