General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
That is a tiny mat racer, I do not approve :P

Also, I'll throw my hat into the ring in terms of what I'd like to see.

It's a bit out of the box, but a launched GCI would be great. Just imagine it zooming into a twister-style layout a la Thunderhead or Goldstriker. Throw in a second launch and you've got the world's first multi-launch wooden coaster!
By cadi40
A couple of things I would like to see, All not necessarily in 2019 are...

- A few more thrilling flat rides
- A mat slide or another family tube water slide
- A decent water log ride
- A Launch Coaster
By RiDeWaRrIoR
The WWF entry building will be demolished, if it hasn't been already.... I have a few other pictures of the area, I think i removed one of them, but you can see the stakes marking what looks like a "turnaround" for the coaster. Oh well guess we will just have to wait and see :D
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I think anything is possible. I could see a single rail or even a first ever launched "family" style kind of coaster.... I am still hoping for a wing coaster but I doubt it will happen... I would expect it to be more of a family coaster rather than a high thrill ride only because intimidator and fury are both "high thrill" and I think a new "tamer" kind of coaster would be more likely..... I would love to see a first ever come to carowinds though, but I will be happy with anything, even if its not a coaster I will be happy :D In all likelihood though I believe it will be a launched coaster of some kind.
By carolinaman
I'm not saying we are getting a single rail coaster. But yesterday at WWU it was said that Wonder Woman at SFFT would run 3 trains and that the trains would not stop moving even during loading and unloading. It was asked what about ADA guests and The Rep from there did not know. All she knew was that the trains will slow down but not stop to help with loading and unloading times. Sounds like a nightmare to me, but maybe it will work there.
By RollerBee
carolinaman wrote:I'm not saying we are getting a single rail coaster. But yesterday at WWU it was said that Wonder Woman at SFFT would run 3 trains and that the trains would not stop moving even during loading and unloading. It was asked what about ADA guests and The Rep from there did not know. All she knew was that the trains will slow down but not stop to help with loading and unloading times. Sounds like a nightmare to me, but maybe it will work there.

A few coasters work this way.
By Cameron
Loading will be stopped for ADA

Rockit at universal has the moving platform and we stopped it dozens of times a day for ADA

You can't just not stop it. That's a nice lawsuit waiting to happen.
By CCookieMonster
Ok so now I'm just gonna say what I want for 2019 based on what is realistic...

- A new launch coaster kind of similar but with many differences. A ride with the same purpose I guess you could say (intensity and some airtime) but a nice vertical launch, maybe even a 90° vertical launch and then a beyonce vertical drop (even though that is a bit ambitious, LOL).
- A new original luxurious but affordable hotel
- Maybe just a new flat ride, maybe the breakdance that was brought into Carowinds' property like a year and a half ago...I'm still being hopeful
- If not a good, outstanding launch coaster then a really good GCI. I really like Tarheel's idea of the world's first multi-launch wooden coaster. I think part of the reason people will come to the park will be because of two world record breaking coasters...hey who doesn't want to say "I rode two world record breaking roller coasters this year!"

Just a few suggestions and realistic wishes...even if parts sound a bit ambitious.