General Carowinds discussion
HVAC permits are probably for the electronic controls. Think a server room. Nighthawk, intimidator, fury, and every roller coaster built since the late 90's will have an air conditioned room usually under the station for the controls.

And the not approved on the permits at this point just means that who ever approves those portions of the plans has not done so yet.
ASU2009 wrote:HVAC permits are probably for the electronic controls. Think a server room. Nighthawk, intimidator, fury, and every roller coaster built since the late 90's will have an air conditioned room usually under the station for the controls.

And the not approved on the permits at this point just means that who ever approves those portions of the plans has not done so yet.

Hurler has one under the station. Drop Tower’s the between Hurler and the Tower.
It would be nice if Carowinds gave all the rest of the flat rides AC control booths they did it with very rude in the county fair and camp snoopy. Thats over half of the flat rides the rides that need it the mos run my opinion are the sky tower and scrambler. Sky tower has pavement in the queue that looks like it was there since the grand opening and it has the old tight queue lines that are painted black. Same goes for scrambler but when it was kalidescope or whatever they had flags and the queue is mixed with new and old bars they both are really bent out of shape and deserve some more love.
tarheel1231 wrote:I think it’s less of CF wanting to maintain CP’s status and more that Cedar Point can make an insane amount of money in its relatively short operating season. It’s a resort park within driving distance of several large MSAs, and it has an entire beach, the marina, the lake to use as leverage. CF can make more money off of a park with a large resort visitor percentage than a park with a majority passholder demographic. That’s why they get the most attention. There seems to be this idea that Cedar Point receives the investment it does purely because it’s the “favorite” when there are very logical reasons for why it’s so heavily invested in.

Oh no, I definitely agree with you. That’s kind of what I meant when I said “famous”. CP is definitely the “destination” park in this chain. The coasters every two years are just a bonus on top of a very well made and well rounded cake.
SafetySam wrote:I’m not sure where we are getting this 10 month construction window from, I don’t think I saw that anywhere but let’s not get started on that kick about this coaster may not be ready for opening day next year.....the same things was said about Fury and intimidator and both opened as scheduled on opening day the following year. I know this is a different type coaster but I fail to see this taking longer than the two afore mentioned coasters......no reason this one should not open when the park does next year

I did not say anywhere that I thought "Alpha" wouldn't be ready for opening 2019. In fact, I fully expect it to be ready opening day 2019.... hence the mention of a 10 month window. They started the big dozers in May of this year. Opening day is in March of next year. Do the math... 10 months. Granted, prep work and disassembly of existing structures began before then. But that only further proves my point (not that dinos will have much to remove.)

I was simply making a point that a Dino closure at the end of a season would not leave enough time to have a coaster opening at the beginning of the next season on the same plot of land.

On another note (and not wanting to double post), since we have about a dozen footings in the ground, do we have enough to match up the supports that were shown in the latest blueprint?
gabed wrote:50B8D572-C434-48EA-AF27-0BD741A829E8.jpeg

Here we go again

Ok the 3 things I absorb from this:

1. Once again the White Lightning name tease which I believe is unlikely. (Do they even own the rights to that name??)

2. The 137 number which could suggest the coaster’s height.

3. A nice little Arrow Dynamics easter egg.
The only thing from this that I think holds any weight is 137, which is likely the height. White Lightning is more or less a given with any teaser campaign.