General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
For the last time everyone:

There. Is. Already. Room. Inside. Carolina. Harbor.
By RollerBee
gabed wrote:For the last time everyone:

There. Is. Already. Room. Inside. Carolina. Harbor.

But some of us want a water ride that we don’t have venture into the water park for....
IE a log flume or water coaster.
By gabed
Ah, I see now. I misread the post as saying that the park should use the land for a water park expansion.
By FamousAmos
The building in the Black area is for Winterfest stuff. So I don't see that going anywhere anytime soon.
By BelowThePeak
BelowThePeak wrote:I think a decent-sized wooden coaster would be plausible in the current Dinosaurs Alive area, especially if they decided to revamp the South Gate entrance and let the new coaster interact with it just like the Main Entrance. It probably wouldn't be an enormous wooden coaster, but I could see it being somewhere in the 3,000-3,500 ft. range if they utilized that space to its full potential.

The WWF area seems too small for a major new coaster, though. I'd rather they fill that area with a brand new water ride for the dry park instead.

I actually decided to sketch out a random layout in paint. A lot of it would need readjustment (both parts of the turnaround are too close to the neighboring coasters, for instance), and a couple of the elements are too tight, but I think this sketch shows that there's more than enough room in the DA area for a sizable coaster.

By BS1983CLT
Now that Sand Dune Lagoon is officially off of the Carowinds website, it looks like 2019 should be our year after all! How exciting!

When does the park officially post the new map each year?
By gabed
I wouldn’t jump to conclusions quite yet. Remember that WWF was removed over a year ago and to this day that plot remains vacant. I’ll admit that it is a bit fishy that Sand Dune Lagoon happens to be right next to the WWF plot AND that this new chunk of land is right beside the only remaining section of the park that desperately needs attention.
By Carowindsman
I can see the plot of land with wwf and sand dune probably start deconstructing middle of summer, depending on how big the ride will be.
By FamousAmos
I would also expect all of that SCarowinds stuff next to the warehouse get moved to the back of the park over to the green Merchandise warehouse so it's out of the way.
I wish there were more warehouses in the park for storage honestly. It's sad to see all of this stuff sitting out in the open.
By gabed
Canada’s Wonderland already has permits sufacing for a 2019 Coaster. Anyone know if there’s anything similar related to Carowinds regarding 2019?
By tarheel1231
If we’re getting a coaster, the permits will show up on Accela, Mecklenburg WebPermit or Evolve York County. I wouldn’t get my hopes up though, still expecting something Carolina Harbor-related.
By BS1983CLT
tarheel1231 wrote:If we’re getting a coaster, the permits will show up on Accela, Mecklenburg WebPermit or Evolve York County. I wouldn’t get my hopes up though, still expecting something Carolina Harbor-related.

Why Carolina Harbor related? They just invested millions into the waterpark. 2019 won't be a water park year.... 2020 could be after our coaster.
By gabed
carolinaman wrote:What type of coaster foe CW?

Unknown at the moment, but it will be going in Skyrider's old plot, will cross over Vortex and have an underwater tunnel.

Of course their new coaster is going in the year after I visit :evil:
By BS1983CLT
There's a picture floating around online that shows the Woodstock Gliders sitting over by Sand Dune Lagoon...

No big deal right??

Well, in the picture you can see they are starting to tear out Sand Dune Lagoon!

It's official...
Sand Dune Lagoon will be no more...

That leaves us with a TON of room for 2019.

For those of you who still think this is a water park addition, why tear it out in January of 18'?

Water slides just take a few months to assemble.

:)