General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:I’m hoping for a GCI similar to Mystic Timbers, it’s an amazing ride. It’ll be a big win for the park if that’s what we are in store for.

No simply because a ride of that layout doesn’t fit in the opened land. I’d look more along the lines of Goldstriker and Thunderhead
By dirkdiggler1992
gabed wrote:
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:I’m hoping for a GCI similar to Mystic Timbers, it’s an amazing ride. It’ll be a big win for the park if that’s what we are in store for.

No simply because a ride of that layout doesn’t fit in the opened land. I’d look more along the lines of Goldstriker and Thunderhead

The space does lend itself more to a twister style versus an out and back. Goldstriker is a good example of what could fit in that space. I used Mystic Timbers as an example of the kind of quality/intensity GCI I’d like to see, Thunderhead or Prowler as well.

Regardless, the GCIs Cedar Fair has installed so far have been among the best GCIs I’ve been on, a big step above the few I’ve experienced at Hershey or Six Flags.
By gabed
Sooo Carolina Avenue is what Crossroads will become in 2019?

Also, any chance we could see the break dance, if there ever was one, show up there next year too?
By RollerBee
gabed wrote:Sooo Carolina Avenue is what Crossroads will become in 2019?

Also, any chance we could see the break dance, if there ever was one, show up there next year too?

I may have missed a page, where did Carolina Avenue come from?
By pproteinc
Carolina Ave? Ummm NO. The Avenue of the Carolinas is the name of the main entry road to the Carowinds parking.
Last edited by pproteinc on February 9th, 2018, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By gabed
Thanks for the clarification lol :lol: Was Really confused as to why they would have the new section's name with the permit
By fonzlinney
That would be great if they could put the break dance in somewhere in the crossroad section also I am curious why can’t they use those woods behind the Paladium fury and service road for a giant woodie then use the area where white waterfalls was and crossroads for a log ride or a launched wing coaster or maybe even another dark ride. Just some thoughts. I cannot wait for Carowinds to open again it’s kind of been my get away practically every week During the season. I heard 2019 was going to be a great year not taking anything away from the other years but looks like we could get something pretty big as far as a ctoaster goes.
By Chris
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Told you they were not coming back until 2019

Would you like to pick the cookie up in the morning or did you want me to have Amos deliver it to you first thing in the morning?
By gabed
How about the name "Splintercat" for a wooden coaster? KI's GM teased the name before Mystic Timbers was announced two years ago.

fonzlinney wrote:also I am curious why can’t they use those woods behind the Paladium fury and service road

I'm not entirely sure if they even own most of that land. Plus if Hurler's sticking around, I'm not sure how they'd route an entrance to a coaster there, maybe some day. :roll:
By KIJester
Is it possible that the WWF cleared area is a sizable area for a Dive coaster? They have a really small footprint and it would be the only Dive coaster in the South (east).
Unless you count Tampa as part of the south!
By fonzlinney
gabed wrote:How about the name "Splintercat" for a wooden coaster? KI's GM teased the name before Mystic Timbers was announced two years ago.

fonzlinney wrote:also I am curious why can’t they use those woods behind the Paladium fury and service road

I'm not entirely sure if they even own most of that land. Plus if Hurler's sticking around, I'm not sure how they'd route an entrance to a coaster there, maybe some day. :roll:

Good point and I guess I thought that maybe they owned a lot of the wooded area just on the other side of the service road it would be cool to weave a wooden coaster through there. Regardless it’s going to be exciting to see what they are going to do.
By gabed
KIJester wrote:Is it possible that the WWF cleared area is a sizable area for a Dive coaster? They have a really small footprint and it would be the only Dive coaster in the South (east).
Unless you count Tampa as part of the south!

I love Dive Coasters, don't get me wrong. Griffon was great and Valravn gets way more hate than it deserves . That said, there is no way we are getting one, and if we do, it's not at all what we need.

Also yes, geographically Tampa is in the southeastern United States.
By uscbandfan
Carowinds property line is right up against the road that runs behind hurler. The wooded section seems to be completely isolated and, to my recollection, someone on here said it was owned by a train company. They would need to buy some land to make it work. You can see the property lines in the picture.

As to the entrance to the ride, relocate the drop tower.
Attachments
By uscbandfan
^ It looks like that land is owned by ARROWOOD LAND INVESTORS LLC. It is 59.865 acres and it is zoned "Industrial" and was acquired on 5/11/2017.

I guess if Carowinds wants to build a coaster through those woods, they'll have to fork over some money to that LLC.

This pic shows the woods in question...
Attachments