General Carowinds discussion
Yea that hole was big enough to squeeze a phone through on a selfie stick :lol: Not a lot to see though still, I hope they are able to get something accomplished this week with all the rain etc. Guess we will see. Cant wait for weekly operations.
So, with construction on the hotel and dorms in addition to the new coaster, can we expect to see track/supports start showing up by July? Those two things in addition to the longer operating season with Winterfest seem like they’d really take up resources from the park.
I dont think the hotel construction or the construction of the dorms in the campground will take up any resources. Have they started anything more in the campground yet? I know my friend went camping a few weeks ago and said there were survey markers all around the tent site area and found out about the dorms being built. I think we will see supports before july, within like a week or two. I think track will start appearing in July and vertical construction may even start by late june or early July. With winterfest returning we will at least be able to follow construction until the end of the year! Surely construction should be completed by early February I would think, really depends on how big this thing is going to be etc. The next few weeks are going to be exciting as footers go in and those first supports arrive...
If I remember correctly from following the Fury construction, the concrete for footers has to “ cure” about a month before anything can be attached. So unless they miraculously slam in quite a few in the next two or three weeks I doubt we will see anything vertical before August, possibly later. IMHO ( although uninformed) I doubt we will see any supports or track on site till mid July at the earliest.
In all seriousness, it makes me wonder if the construction camera was taken down because all of us watching it were making their bill skyrocket.

Believe it or not, most things on the Internet are not free, and Pixelcaster is no exception. Even if you go to a free site (like Carowinds Connection), someone is paying for it. I work(ed) for a hosted server company and manage(d) thousands of servers, so I know much this stuff (like bandwidth) costs. It's not cheap.
Anything is possible. Maybe they are getting deliveries they dont want us to see :lol:

At least the other camera is up, not really useful in terms of constructions but you can at least see how busy the parking lot is.... I hope that the construction camera does come back up, with as much problems as it was having before, it wouldn't surprise me if the camera died.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Anything is possible. Maybe they are getting deliveries they dont want us to see :lol:

At least the other camera is up, not really useful in terms of constructions but you can at least see how busy the parking lot is.... I hope that the construction camera does come back up, with as much problems as it was having before, it wouldn't surprise me if the camera died.

I wish they would aim that one camera towards the entry plaza and leave it. The Camp Snoopy angle offers very little besides a corner shot of the parking lot.
arby wrote:In all seriousness, it makes me wonder if the construction camera was taken down because all of us watching it were making their bill skyrocket.

And don't be surprised if they shut the Sky Tower down next to limit the aerial photos. Time to pull out the ole drone....haha
This is only my second post on these forums, but I was able to make it out to the park today, and got some pictures from sky tower. I did not get any ground pictures. It is still a field of dirt though, no footers have been poured from what I could see. There is a crane on site now.

Also, if anybody had any doubts about the manufacturer, this pretty much settles that (not sure if this has been posted already)
Last edited by mdsmith98 on May 25th, 2018, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.