General Carowinds discussion
So close.... but yet so far.... The cranes are a little more spread out than they were last week, which i guess now that the webcam is working again, everyone can see that :lol: Got a few shots of the footer anchors in the ground as well.

I am enjoying all the teasers thus far! Was cool to see a new one on the fence yesterday, noticed it immediately. My first thought with the 137 was also the height of the "top hat" or tallest element on the ride, but it may not mean anything at all with the new rigde and just be referencing like Chris said the height of the original White Lightnin', but the number does appear in 2 of the posters... so far.... Guess we will see
Attachments
footer anchor.jpg
footer anchor.jpg (89.42 KiB) Viewed 961 times
They are doing a nice job with this teasing campaign! I knew we would see Centurion pop back up :lol: All these references to cars makes me think that the theme could be an old junkyard out in the country, near a farm or on a far or something. May not have anything to do with it at all though! What could it all mean?
I think the new coaster will be named White Lightening. Cedar fair used carowinds heritage when naming Fury 325. Charlotte is the home of NASCAR, NASCAR start in the mountains of NC by running moonshine. They used corn and barns to make moonshine. They could use the phase "who says Lightening never strikes twice in the same place" first white Lightening had 1 launch now the second one will have 2 launches. So Lightening does strike twice. Just my thoughts on the name. Also Copperhead strike, maybe the future name of hurler.
We're they working last weekend? Normally they took the weekends off, but today they're working hastily. Seems like we're about to see a lot of progress in the coming weeks!

Also, carowinds definitely gets the "troll award" this year!
Swilson23 wrote:I think the new coaster will be named White Lightening. Cedar fair used carowinds heritage when naming Fury 325. Charlotte is the home of NASCAR, NASCAR start in the mountains of NC by running moonshine. They used corn and barns to make moonshine. They could use the phase "who says Lightening never strikes twice in the same place" first white Lightening had 1 launch now the second one will have 2 launches. So Lightening does strike twice. Just my thoughts on the name. Also Copperhead strike, maybe the future name of hurler.

Fury’s theme is for Charlotte, and Intimidator’s theming is being removed. White Lightning isn’t happening.
sorashaun wrote:
Swilson23 wrote:I think the new coaster will be named White Lightening. Cedar fair used carowinds heritage when naming Fury 325. Charlotte is the home of NASCAR, NASCAR start in the mountains of NC by running moonshine. They used corn and barns to make moonshine. They could use the phase "who says Lightening never strikes twice in the same place" first white Lightening had 1 launch now the second one will have 2 launches. So Lightening does strike twice. Just my thoughts on the name. Also Copperhead strike, maybe the future name of hurler.

Fury’s theme is for Charlotte, and Intimidator’s theming is being removed. White Lightning isn’t happening.

Where does it confirm or semi-confirm that Intimidator is being rethemed?
Cameron wrote:Clearing out the gift shop dosen't necessarily mean anything. Could just be that they've sold as much merchandise as they possibly could and they can just add little to other gift shops.

maybe retheming intimidator will turn out to be true eventually even next year perhaps, but this whole clearing out the Gift Shop Signal has been noticed in past years and past assumptions made that Intimidator theming was going away in the past when it didn't...so who knows...
sorashaun wrote:

My mistake, I typed Carowinds heritage and I meant Charlotte's heritage. Well Nascar and moonshine is part of Charlotte's heritage. I don't think they will use Copperhead strike for the new coaster. It's to easy to say that. Intimidator's theming may be removed because Cedar fair may not want to continue to pay fees to Teresa Earnhardt for using the name.