General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
tarheel1231 wrote:If we had a nickel for every time Bee’s mentioned 2005, we could probably afford to build a time travel machine to send him back.

And if I had a nickel for every time y'all criticize me for 2005/2006, I own have enough money to buy a Season Pass to a better park.
By tarheel1231
What are people supposed to do, not criticize you? You bring up 2005/2006 every other time you post, when Carowinds is owned by a completely different company and run by entirely different people with the exception of the Assistant GM. If the information you're bringing up is irrelevant to the conversation 9 times out of 10, you should expect to be criticized for it. :roll:

[EDIT] I'll add that this case is an exception considering the fact that the weather has not changed significantly within the past 10 years.
By Edwardo
tarheel1231 wrote:What are people supposed to do, not criticize you? You bring up 2005/2006 every other time you post, when Carowinds is owned by a completely different company and run by entirely different people with the exception of the Assistant GM. If the information you're bringing up is irrelevant to the conversation 9 times out of 10, you should expect to be criticized for it. :roll:

[EDIT] I'll add that this case is an exception considering the fact that the weather has not changed significantly within the past 10 years.

You win Carowinds Connection. Congratulations. You can pick up your gift at the park in March.
By RRRAPIDS
Also, the park has more to offer and more flat rides now. The park has been advertising on all 3 social media accounts as well. The event has been teased and announced for over a whole entire year. I think winterfest is going to be a hit. On the extremely cold nights, there may be a drop in attendance maybe. Especially during that 8pm to 10pm hours..
By Edwardo
You don’t think they promoted it last time? No one is saying it won’t be successful. But it’s unlikely to have Scarowinds level crowds.
By pproteinc
^^ Dont forget the commercials all over tv. Though it’s footage from California Great America as Carowinds obviously doesn’t have any for this type event.m, I think the crowds will be better than prior. It’s been 12 yrs. The city has grown rapidly since then and the demographics have tilted a bit to more active people wanting to go out and do things.
By Edwardo
Obviously they feel it would be successful or they wouldn’t be having winter fest. But to suggest they’ll have scarowinds like attendance is an overreach. They obviously don’t expect to with the amount of attractions they plan on having open.

My god people it’s not rocket surgery.
By FamousAmos
They told us to expect those crowd levels lol.
I personally do not think we'll quite reach that. Perhaps maybe in the middle of December. But I'm still not too sure. Either way, it's good to be prepared for it just in case.
By RollerBee
Edwardo wrote:Why would they want you prepared for Scarowinds level crowds when they have a quarter of the park open?

A) Because they said to.
B) Because with less space in the park open a smaller amount of people could seem the same as SCarowinds.
C) Because the park/Cedar Fair probably has a good idea of what to expect crowd wise.
D) Because that is what the park is expecting or hoping for.

It isn't rocket science.....
By Edwardo
Hey Idiot, If the space is smaller and a smaller amount of people “look” like a large crowd, that’s not scarowinds sized crowds. You understand math, right?

There’s no evidence presented that the park expects scarowinds crowds. Only hear say from a low level park employee. What the park is preparing for is definitely not scarowinds sized crowds. That’s a fact. Otherwise more stuff would be open.

Eff off, no one was taking to you. Go back to 2005 when you were happy. And don’t think I’ll be nice in person if you bug me at winter fest.