General Carowinds discussion
By Lilant0219
#97196
My family and I went yesterday and had a great time! I thought it was very well done for it being the first year in a while that they have done it at this park! There were a few things I thought they could have done better but it being the first year I'm giving it a pass! We really enjoyed the Christmas Spectacular show. As well as the traveling trolley with the singers. The Nativity section was nice and I like to gravitate more towards that then the other stuff this time of year. I like the ride through the water park however the small amount of lights was one of the things that I thought could have been done better. However, the women that was (driving) I guess lol. She said that they were planning on adding more lights for next weekend. She wasn't an employee of the park so idk if that's true or not because she said the park hasn't had Winterfest since 1985. I thought they had it like 10 or so years ago but idk the park history that well. Any way I want to thank all those that helped with Winterfest because it was really well done for the first time! It's a great step in the right direction and I might even make a second visit this year!
By tylerSC
#97199
A few key questions. Good to see Afterburn open. But, why would they not open Fury or Intimidator? Do the weather conditions differ for those other coasters?

And why of all years would they not string the Christmas lights on the Sky Tower? That giant Christmas tree was the best live Christmas advertisement for the park, and could be seen for miles. Do they even have the Sky Tower open? I would rather see the Christmas lights like in years past.
By jeffdavis
#97201
tylerSC wrote:A few key questions. Good to see Afterburn open. But, why would they not open Fury or Intimidator? Do the weather conditions differ for those other coasters?

And why of all years would they not string the Christmas lights on the Sky Tower? That giant Christmas tree was the best live Christmas advertisement for the park, and could be seen for miles. Do they even have the Sky Tower open? I would rather see the Christmas lights like in years past.


Fury 325 and Intimidator are not cold-friendly rides. They can't be operated below certain temperatures and we aren't guaranteed warm nights for Winterfest. Additionally, the area around Fury 325 is closed off. I know they are B&M's like Afterburn, but completely different designs with different characteristics.
User avatar
By Chris
#97202
FamousAmos wrote:However they told us to expect and be prepared for scarowinds crowd levels. It doesn't mean we would see it, but they wanted everyone to be ready for it.

As a good manager should. With that said, Edwardo tried to tell you that it was just hype by the supervisor to make sure the team is ready and you completely disregarded it.
By Lilant0219
#97204
Wood Coaster wrote:Anybody know the cost of the Horse Carriage rides?

How may can ride at one time?


I believe it was $5 for adults and $3 for kids. 8 could fit in one and they had two of them.
By Wood Coaster
#97205
Lilant0219 wrote:
Wood Coaster wrote:Anybody know the cost of the Horse Carriage rides?

How may can ride at one time?


I believe it was $5 for adults and $3 for kids. 8 could fit in one and they had two of them.


Thank You.
By Lilant0219
#97206
Wood Coaster wrote:
Lilant0219 wrote:
Wood Coaster wrote:Anybody know the cost of the Horse Carriage rides?

How may can ride at one time?


I believe it was $5 for adults and $3 for kids. 8 could fit in one and they had two of them.


Thank You.


No problem. To answer your other question, Sunday is usually the least crowded of those three days.
By Capler
#97207
jeffdavis wrote:
tylerSC wrote:A few key questions. Good to see Afterburn open. But, why would they not open Fury or Intimidator? Do the weather conditions differ for those other coasters?

And why of all years would they not string the Christmas lights on the Sky Tower? That giant Christmas tree was the best live Christmas advertisement for the park, and could be seen for miles. Do they even have the Sky Tower open? I would rather see the Christmas lights like in years past.


Fury 325 and Intimidator are not cold-friendly rides. They can't be operated below certain temperatures and we aren't guaranteed warm nights for Winterfest. Additionally, the area around Fury 325 is closed off. I know they are B&M's like Afterburn, but completely different designs with different characteristics.


Could it also be, they need time to do the off season maintenance?
User avatar
By arby
#97208
I have seen mostly very positive reviews for WinterFest and members on here said crowds were good opening weekend (I plan on going this weekend; couldn't make it last weekend).

With that being said, along with the investment the park has put into it, and the fact that Cedar Fair is continuing to expand this across most of their parks, I think we are almost guaranteed we will see it next year. I have no guess as to the long-term feasibility unless Cedar Fair releases some statements about it in Q1 2018 during their quarterly shareholder meeting, but I would be surprised to not see them continue to build on it over the next 5 years if they are seeing any ROI.

You will note that this falls directly in line with their Fun-Forward strategy and bringing more family-friendly attractions. This is a family-friendly 'attraction' that continues to build their brand in the local markets they serve.
  • 1
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13

Users browsing this forum: CarowindsFan and 3 guests