General Carowinds discussion
By Cavan
Camp Snoopy is nice. Kiddhawk looks good. Nice spot for Carousel. Everything else is the same. Foundation for whitewater is still there, however, parts still gradually being removed. Large construction area behind whitewater and beside the large building for a haunt attraction. Square in shape, a couple bulldozers, and its all mud, no grass. Clear view from Afterburn's lift. Happy 2018!
By Justin
Privacy construction wall is now put up around old Whitewater Falls. Im at Carowinds now. They must of put it up during the past week. If its a wall (not fence) it must be a serious scale project going on that may take the entire season to build. Question is, what attraction takes a year to build? I think any permits you see right now online are for demolition.
By gabed
Justin wrote: Question is, what attraction takes a year to build?

A roller coaster :wink:
By Chris
I'm curious... We have a Park Discussion thread. We also have a 2019 thread. This thread barely made sense during Opening weekend so why are we still here? :think:
By Justin
Chris wrote:I'm curious... We have a Park Discussion thread. We also have a 2019 thread. This thread barely made sense during Opening weekend so why are we still here? :think:

"General Park Discussion Thread" is 'general,' and in ways polluted. I don't see how this thread barely made sense. The posts in this thread are in relation to the title, which suggests and opens up the discussion of the new 2018 season. But thank you for your feedback.

Anyway...
I'd like to say this year's spring break crowd is vastly busier than last years! Granted I've attended Monday and today (Tues), the turnout is nothing like previous spring breaks. I wonder what the rest of the week will be like. Long lines for everything 0_0
By coasterbruh
Chris wrote:I'm curious... We have a Park Discussion thread. We also have a 2019 thread. This thread barely made sense during Opening weekend so why are we still here? :think:

And don't forget This Thread. I'll just continue to use those three, no matter how "polluted" they get. I mean, that's what happens when an organic discussion goes on . . .
By pproteinc
I noticed they’ve started breaking ground on the hotel earlier than I read somewhere. I’m not complaining tho. Get it up so it’s ready for 2019 opening.