General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
#100359
We went to the park yesterday and were hungry and I was really craving Chic Fi La. THAT ISH IS EXPENSIVE AS A MO FO. I know why its like that but goodness gracious 2 sandwiches and 2 large drinks for $26.00 is beyond crazy. I can get 2 whole meals for less than that. Ok rant over. Lesson learned. Eat before or eat at Harmony Hall
By Capler
#100363
Carowindsman wrote:We went to the park yesterday and were hungry and I was really craving Chic Fi La. THAT ISH IS EXPENSIVE AS A MO FO. I know why its like that but goodness gracious 2 sandwiches and 2 large drinks for $26.00 is beyond crazy. I can get 2 whole meals for less than that. Ok rant over. Lesson learned. Eat before or eat at Harmony Hall


Eating at the park is expensive but is so much fun. I don't do it often, and I'm certainly not treating anyone. If I had a family, we would pack our meals.
User avatar
By RiDeWaRrIoR
#100391
The meal plan is great! I am waiting for them to add family all season dining (for 4 people), that would be great! I think it will happen, eventually. We normally eat at either Harmony Hall, Wings, or Sharky's with the meal plan. How much more is chick fil a at the park than the stand alones? I haven't went in there for a long time, even though its on the meal plan I think, normally go on Sundays so they are closed.
User avatar
By Chris
#100395
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:The meal plan is great! I am waiting for them to add family all season dining (for 4 people), that would be great! I think it will happen, eventually. We normally eat at either Harmony Hall, Wings, or Sharky's with the meal plan. How much more is chick fil a at the park than the stand alones? I haven't went in there for a long time, even though its on the meal plan I think, normally go on Sundays so they are closed.

Two drink with two sandwiches would run about $12 at a stand-alone. It's more than twice the price at Carowinds. It's actually about what I would expect for an amusement park.
User avatar
By cwgator
#100466
Sounds similar to the prices at airports for fast food chains (I think I paid about $15 for a Whopper combo once at an airport). I don't eat CFA for personal reasons, but it's popular enough otherwise to help keep lines down in other places (unless it's Sunday of course).
By Glitch99
#101425
Capler wrote:
Carowindsman wrote:We went to the park yesterday and were hungry and I was really craving Chic Fi La. THAT ISH IS EXPENSIVE AS A MO FO. I know why its like that but goodness gracious 2 sandwiches and 2 large drinks for $26.00 is beyond crazy. I can get 2 whole meals for less than that. Ok rant over. Lesson learned. Eat before or eat at Harmony Hall


Eating at the park is expensive but is so much fun. I don't do it often, and I'm certainly not treating anyone. If I had a family, we would pack our meals.

With 6 mouths to feed (with younger kids), we get the all-day dining plan. Everyone takes turns, with the kids munching on the extra fries in between their meals. Last few visits, we've gotten 8 meals for that $30, plenty to keep everyone happy.

With the all-season plan limited to 2 meals per day, I figured it wasn't nearly as economical to feed everyone, unless we were shooting for at least a dozen visits for the season. Living closer, where we could swing by for lunch on a whim, it'd be a different story.
User avatar
By Chris
#101428
uscbandfan wrote:Yep. Should be Chick-fil-A.

^ I'm the opposite. I DO go there for personal reasons. (Love the food too.)

To each their own. I can't support a business that openly donates money to groups that support homophobia. It's sad really because they claim to be Christians, while at the same time ostracizing fellow humans. What would Jesus do? I don't think he would do that.
By uscbandfan
#101429
I don't think this the place to have a philosophical debate. But, Chick-fil-A has gone on record to say that they are not a Christian company. Just because someone believes in biblical principals doesn't make them a christian. Just look at all of those cults out there that believe in biblical principals. At any rate, I've read the materials to which you refer. I'm not convinced they are homophobic. I know I am not. I also know a gay person that works at Chick-fil-A. Wy wife has too. So, I am familiar with the company.

Even if they are homophobic, who am I to judge? Have you read Matthew 7?

As to WWJD? He surrounded himself with the outcasts and undesirables. He didn't hang out with those that were worthy. If Chick-fil-a is ostracizing people as you say, my guess is that he would be sitting in a Chick-fil-a booth preaching his message.

In the meantime, I'll take a spicy chicken sandwich. (Which they discontinued at Carowinds to my dismay.)
User avatar
By Chris
#101432
uscbandfan wrote:Even if they are homophobic, who am I to judge? Have you read Matthew 7?

I really don't care what some book says, I will absolutely judge someone who doesn't treat homosexuals as equals. Always. Each and every time. But anyway...
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#101437
uscbandfan wrote:I don't think this the place to have a philosophical debate. But, Chick-fil-A has gone on record to say that they are not a Christian company. Just because someone believes in biblical principals doesn't make them a christian. Just look at all of those cults out there that believe in biblical principals. At any rate, I've read the materials to which you refer.


This is an example of the “No True Scotsman” fallacy. Chick Fil-A supposedly not being a Christian company is a bit odd considering that they’re closed on Sundays (Thou shall not work on the sabbath), and the fact that Mr. Cathy has gone on record as stating that “I see no conflict whatsoever between Christianity and good business practices. People say you can’t mix business with religion. I say there’s no other way.”

Now that’s not to paint Christians in a bad light. Ultimately Christians are an extremely diverse group, and you can’t paint them as a monolith because they’re complex just like any other person. But the idea that a Christian with different ideas than you is not a “true Christian” needs to stop. It’s an excuse that sweeps the problem under the rug and suggests that it doesn’t need to be addressed, rather than accepting the fact that Christians are human beings and prone to fault.

I'm not convinced they are homophobic. I know I am not. I also know a gay person that works at Chick-fil-A. Wy wife has too. So, I am familiar with the company.


As of 2012, they’ve supposedly stopped supporting anti-gay/political groups, so you’re not wrong. Knowing one employee who’s gay doesn’t really have any significance to this, so I don’t know why you brought it up.

Even if they are homophobic, who am I to judge? Have you read Matthew 7?


Tell me, if someone says or does something that offends you personally, would you think they are not worthy of judgment and criticism? For example, if someone made a distasteful statement about Christianity and Christians, would you simply abstain from criticizing them because of Matthew 7?

Not trying to attack you here, I just disagreed with some of the things you said.
User avatar
By tinotoot
#101438
Hi ho, gay Chick-fil-A employee here. I've heard it all from both sides. At this point whether you do or don't eat chick-fil-a isn't going to hurt/boom the business any more. Chick-fil-A as a company isn't homophobic, really, and I'm not saying that because I work there, I've done a lot of research, it was bigoted comments that the CEO and his son made, and the company stands by a mission of providing service to everyone, and creating a diverse, accepting workplace. The restaurants are individually owned and operated, so some stores might be homophobic, but many are not. I'm lucky that mine is super accepting and wonderful, and I work with a few other LGBT coworkers.

Besides the point! Yes, Carowinds' CFA is expensive since it's at Carowinds, same with Panda Express. I do feel like Panda is better value if you like that kind of food. 13$ for a huge plate of (mediocre) Chinese food ain't all that bad! Harmony Hall is an okay place to eat too, value wise.
User avatar
By Chris
#101439
tarheel1231 wrote:
uscbandfan wrote:I don't think this the place to have a philosophical debate. But, Chick-fil-A has gone on record to say that they are not a Christian company. Just because someone believes in biblical principals doesn't make them a christian. Just look at all of those cults out there that believe in biblical principals. At any rate, I've read the materials to which you refer.


This is an example of the “No True Scotsman” fallacy. Chick Fil-A supposedly not being a Christian company is a bit odd considering that they’re closed on Sundays (Thou shall not work on the sabbath), and the fact that Mr. Cathy has gone on record as stating that “I see no conflict whatsoever between Christianity and good business practices. People say you can’t mix business with religion. I say there’s no other way.”

Now that’s not to paint Christians in a bad light. Ultimately Christians are an extremely diverse group, and you can’t paint them as a monolith because they’re complex just like any other person. But the idea that a Christian with different ideas than you is not a “true Christian” needs to stop. It’s an excuse that sweeps the problem under the rug and suggests that it doesn’t need to be addressed, rather than accepting the fact that Christians are human beings and prone to fault.

I'm not convinced they are homophobic. I know I am not. I also know a gay person that works at Chick-fil-A. Wy wife has too. So, I am familiar with the company.


As of 2012, they’ve supposedly stopped supporting anti-gay/political groups, so you’re not wrong. Knowing one employee who’s gay doesn’t really have any significance to this, so I don’t know why you brought it up.

Even if they are homophobic, who am I to judge? Have you read Matthew 7?


Tell me, if someone says or does something that offends you personally, would you think they are not worthy of judgment and criticism? For example, if someone made a distasteful statement about Christianity and Christians, would you simply abstain from criticizing them because of Matthew 7?

Not trying to attack you here, I just disagreed with some of the things you said.

Image

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest