General Carowinds discussion
By Carowinds Sully
Okay, so I have a theory on Silver Scream Studios: Condemned. Last year, Knotts did a similar revamp of an older but fan favorite maze. The maze was called Trick or Treat and had a very whimsical vibe (kinda like the studios). What Knotts Scary Farm did last year though is that they remodeled the maze to be called Trick or Treat: Lights Out. They made the maze very serious and took out all of the lighthearted elements. They made the house more into a Victorian-style manor that was crumbling apart. The real kicker is that they also took out all of the lights from the attraction and gave guests a flashlight that was remote controlled to turn on and off at certain points. I think that SCarowinds will receive a treatment like this with Silver Scream Studios: Condemned. The description for the maze on the SCarowinds website says to grab a flashlight and take this last chance to explore the madness. It also says that the remains of the studios have been abandoned and crumbling for 20 years and are structurally unsound buildings. I think that doing this would be AWESOME and provide SCarowinds with something that it has never seen before. Thoughts?
By Carowinds Sully
Also, if you look at the instagram post announcing the house, the lighting shown is very frontal and white, the same way that a flashlight would be.
By MISTER FANBOY
Carowinds Sully wrote:Okay, so I have a theory on Silver Scream Studios: Condemned. Last year, Knotts did a similar revamp of an older but fan favorite maze. The maze was called Trick or Treat and had a very whimsical vibe (kinda like the studios). What Knotts Scary Farm did last year though is that they remodeled the maze to be called Trick or Treat: Lights Out. They made the maze very serious and took out all of the lighthearted elements. They made the house more into a Victorian-style manor that was crumbling apart. The real kicker is that they also took out all of the lights from the attraction and gave guests a flashlight that was remote controlled to turn on and off at certain points. I think that SCarowinds will receive a treatment like this with Silver Scream Studios: Condemned. The description for the maze on the SCarowinds website says to grab a flashlight and take this last chance to explore the madness. It also says that the remains of the studios have been abandoned and crumbling for 20 years and are structurally unsound buildings. I think that doing this would be AWESOME and provide SCarowinds with something that it has never seen before. Thoughts?

i really hate to be the person to break it to you but we already knew that. sorry.
By Carowinds Sully
MISTER FANBOY wrote:
Carowinds Sully wrote:Okay, so I have a theory on Silver Scream Studios: Condemned. Last year, Knotts did a similar revamp of an older but fan favorite maze. The maze was called Trick or Treat and had a very whimsical vibe (kinda like the studios). What Knotts Scary Farm did last year though is that they remodeled the maze to be called Trick or Treat: Lights Out. They made the maze very serious and took out all of the lighthearted elements. They made the house more into a Victorian-style manor that was crumbling apart. The real kicker is that they also took out all of the lights from the attraction and gave guests a flashlight that was remote controlled to turn on and off at certain points. I think that SCarowinds will receive a treatment like this with Silver Scream Studios: Condemned. The description for the maze on the SCarowinds website says to grab a flashlight and take this last chance to explore the madness. It also says that the remains of the studios have been abandoned and crumbling for 20 years and are structurally unsound buildings. I think that doing this would be AWESOME and provide SCarowinds with something that it has never seen before. Thoughts?

i really hate to be the person to break it to you but we already knew that. sorry.

Yikes. I guess that is what I get for joining carowinds connection so late :shock:
By tinotoot
Carowinds Sully wrote:
MISTER FANBOY wrote:

Yikes. I guess that is what I get for joining carowinds connection so late :shock:

It's okay! You're really enthusiastic and that's what's important! :D
By MISTER FANBOY
tinotoot wrote:
Carowinds Sully wrote:
MISTER FANBOY wrote:

yeah sorry if you misinterpreted that for a mean comment i was trying to put in in the nicest way possible. :D
2 more posts and well finally make it to 100 posts!
By Carowinds Sully
MISTER FANBOY wrote:
tinotoot wrote:
Carowinds Sully wrote:

yeah sorry if you misinterpreted that for a mean comment i was trying to put in in the nicest way possible. :D
2 more posts and well finally make it to 100 posts!

Nah, you're good. I didn't take it in the wrong way
By Carowinds Sully
I gotta say that I really got pumped after seeing the youtube post on dead man's landing. The vibe that they seem to be going for looks really cool. I think that the costumes in that scare zone will be pretty top notch but wouldn't be surprised if its themeing is lacking.
By Glitch99
Is attendance any lower the first couple weekends in September? My nephew really wants to go this year, but I have zero desire to fight through the crowds and traffic we saw last October.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Glitch99 wrote:Is attendance any lower the first couple weekends in September? My nephew really wants to go this year, but I have zero desire to fight through the crowds and traffic we saw last October.

No, its always busy on Friday's and Saturdays. Sunday's are generally light crowds.