General Carowinds discussion
By sccoasterbear
sorashaun wrote:I went tonight. There were two accidents, one blocking the main entrance and one blocking the exit from the South Gate. It was easily the worst experience I’ve ever had getting into the park. Left at 7:15 and didn’t get into the parking lot until 9:30.

I spent 45 minutes to go one mile and turned around and left. Even though my camping trip was based around Scarowinds, I went back to my campsite and played cards all night.

Maybe next year.
By Wolf
I went last night with my family and my boyfriend. It was pretty disappointing. I understand it was a Sunday, but I felt like there were barely any actors there. Silver Scream only had ONE actor in it when we went through and it was essentially the same maze it always has been just with the lights off. Dead Man's Landing was cool. It was my favorite area of the night. They even turned part of one of the nearby restaurants into a sort of tavern. I walked by The Hollow and all the actors seemed like they were grouped together outside the front of it. Literally everything else about SCarowinds this year is more or less the same as it was last year. No major changes to any of the other mazes or scare zones. As someone who visits annually, I think I might pass and go to Spookywoods next year instead because the ticket prices are always pretty high and the changes always feel minimal. Like, I know which props will be in what room in each maze and what they use for all the scare zones etc.

4/10.
By uscbandfan
Went Friday night and it was CRAZY. Busiest I'd seen the park in a long time (granted I don't go on weekends during the regular season for that very reason).

Mazes were really great. My daughter (15) got nailed several times. My wife even was gotten a time or two. Usually, nothing gets me but I turned around in an open corridor to check on my daughter one time and when I turned back around a monster was standing right in front of me. That gave me a start for sure. The actors were really into it in the mazes. The scare-zones not so much. Just a little creepy with zombies milling about with their heads cocked sideways. There were a few out of character though cutting up with each other in the County Fair area. They definitely needed a reprimand. You can't break character in a place like that. Go behind the scenes if you're gonna do that.

All in all a good experience but long lines prevented us from experiencing everything.

Oh, and Fury was SCREAMING. Best back-row ride I've had.
By tinotoot
Wolf wrote:I went last night with my family and my boyfriend. It was pretty disappointing. I understand it was a Sunday, but I felt like there were barely any actors there. Silver Scream only had ONE actor in it when we went through and it was essentially the same maze it always has been just with the lights off. Dead Man's Landing was cool. It was my favorite area of the night. They even turned part of one of the nearby restaurants into a sort of tavern. I walked by The Hollow and all the actors seemed like they were grouped together outside the front of it. Literally everything else about SCarowinds this year is more or less the same as it was last year. No major changes to any of the other mazes or scare zones. As someone who visits annually, I think I might pass and go to Spookywoods next year instead because the ticket prices are always pretty high and the changes always feel minimal. Like, I know which props will be in what room in each maze and what they use for all the scare zones etc.

4/10.

I had a similar experience. The crowds were insane for a Sunday night..and Silver Scream when I went through the first time only had 3 actors, and so we tried it again later to see if it was any better and it only had 2. Depths of Darkness though? One. There was only an actor at the pre-show. There were no actors IN the actual maze. All the other mazes I thought were really great, and Dead Man's Landing was definitely my favorite area too. Carnevil and the Hollow tie for second.