General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
Been thinking about it lately since Intimidator is probably going to be renamed soon . What name could it be changed to or rethemed. Afterburn is the same thing with the updated area for next year could it get rethemed to fit better with the area.

Some new names for Intimidator
1. Keep Pounding (Fury is "Hornets") it can be Panthers related ,Paint it Black and Blue ha)
2. Roar (Panthers Related
3. Moonshine (keep it with the nascar theme

Afterburn
I Honestly cant think of any name changes that would fit the possible area ha
Carowindsman wrote:... since Intimidator is probably going to be renamed soon ...

sorry, maybe I've missed the evidence this is "probably going to be renamed soon." What exactly did you see that this is going to happen? Or is it more just an opinion (which is fine).
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:
Carowindsman wrote:... since Intimidator is probably going to be renamed soon ...

sorry, maybe I've missed the evidence this is "probably going to be renamed soon." What exactly did you see that this is going to happen? Or is it more just an opinion (which is fine).

Its been known that the Intimidator name and rights is a short term contract. Its possible they would renew it.
Carowindsman wrote:
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:

Its been known that the Intimidator name and rights is a short term contract. Its possible they would renew it.

I know there have been several false alarms over the years about the theme ending, based on Intimidator merchandise being on a big price reduction, but so far they've never panned out to be more than speculation. Who knows, maybe they genuinely were about to retheme in the past, and at last minute worked out a deal. We'll probably never know... viewtopic.php?p=101382#p101382 is the most recent reference to people asking about retheming.

I was just curious if you had some info that's new, that's all. Or if it was more speculative.
I think the fact that all of the Dale Earnhardt merch being gone (for a few months now) is a good indication that a re-theme is definitely possible. So far there is no real proof at our park, I read at KD the car was gone, not sure if its back or not, our's is still present. I do believe that the contract was a 10 year deal but would have to go back and check that I dont really remember where I read or heard that, most likely on here, but I am unsure. The ride is in a major need of a paint job for sure!

As for afterburn, I wish they would turn it backwards, or at least 2 rows, and re-theme it. I love the ride but if it was backwards, it would be awesome. At least new vest style restraints would be great. I know it just got a new paint job not long ago.
By cwgator
^No...they wouldn't.

AS far as any retheming of Intimidator. Yes...merchandise is disappearing. There seems to be a trend for that in the Cedar Fair parks. With this logic I see Banshee getting re-themed too since they removed the shop altogether last month.