General Carowinds discussion
By uscbandfan
I just spent some time in Tennessee and made a couple of trips to Dollywood. I am a huge fan of what they have there that they call "floating lockers". (These are separate from the lockers at the front of the park and are located at each major ride.)

For $7 per day, you rent a locker outside of a major ride. You choose a 6-digit code (normally a birthday) and a color for access. You can leave your stuff there as long as you like and treat it as a normal locker. However, if you're just throwing stuff in there so you can ride that particular ride, you take your stuff back out when you get off the ride. Then, you enter your code at the lockers at the next ride, throw your stuff in and ride the next ride. SUPER CONVENIENT.

I'm sold.

I vote Carowinds have floating lockers at every major ride... FURY, Intimidator, Afterburn, Hurler, Cyclone, Nighthawk, and "Alpha". Remove the bins at all of them and establish the same policy that currently exists at FURY. Lines would move SO much faster without having to worry about bins and people crossing over to put their stuff in not to mention lost stuff and stolen stuff and whatever else you wanna think about. That would also prevent having to designate a non-rider to hold stuff. Everyone could ride at the same time.
By Wood Coaster
Yes I agree.... Especially when the Pool is open..... If you rent one at the Pool you have to have everything out of there before they close the pool gate.