General Carowinds discussion
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:They mention 7 acres being developed as Blue Ridge Junction on the carowinds web site. https://www.carowinds.com/play/rides/copperhead-strike

I can't get to 7 acres with the new construction site. I can barely get to 6 (which is shown in red), and that's being extremely generous with adding in area with redone restaurant and almost back to the warehouse/parking lot. What all do you think they are calling Blue Ridge Junction?

Maybe they're annexing the bumper cars and pirate ship into the new area, as one unified Midway?

How does the blueprint impose on to the red area you highlighted? It looks like there's a lot of extra ground on nearly all sides, with a lot being behind the new coaster and not very accessible from the existing park.
pproteinc wrote:Some insight on how the pathway is suppose to look like.

Def loving the little farm next to the que. I’m guess the path at the top of the picture is the water park entry path?

This is rose looks like it should be at Dollywood. lol I love it.

Credit: Coaster Studios

Love the theming...
This photo looks awesome… (The path up top is the park entrance to the waterpark so technically, there should be a slide or two visible on the other side of that path. At the bottom of the photo, that single tree there between the paths is the approximate new location of the flyers. The grass and trees across the left path from that single tree near the bottom left corner is approximately where Dodgems (Bumper cars) is now.)
Last edited by uscbandfan on August 30th, 2018, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:
fonzlinney wrote:Could someone please share the link for the construction site WebCam

Its not working but this one http://pixelcaster.com/live/carowinds/camera1.html or
http://pixelcaster.com/live/carowinds/https/cam1.html. Thank you and also thank you for sharing those wonderful photos I am so excited for this coaster and I like the theming. Interesting going back and seeing all the predictions also it’s very interesting reading some of the negative comments. My thing is ride it first before criticizing it.

The track at Mack plant! Photos courtesy of Carowinds!

Glitch99 wrote:
jeffdavis wrote:
4) What's the expected temperature tolerance of this type of ride? Winterfest 2019 is a long way away but I'm wondering if this ride could be open for that.

Virtually zero chance of it being installed, tested, and online in under 3 months, let alone having the surrounding infrastructure in place. They'll be finishing the final touches right up til opening day next spring.

They are asking about 2019, not this year. It's obviously not going to be open in less than 3 months.
Just saw the POV my reaction
1Very excited for the theming
2 the hangtime looked insane
3 the airtime hill on the launch will have great ejector airtime
4 will likely be better than intimidator and possibly better than afterburn
cwgator wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:
jeffdavis wrote:
4) What's the expected temperature tolerance of this type of ride? Winterfest 2019 is a long way away but I'm wondering if this ride could be open for that.

Virtually zero chance of it being installed, tested, and online in under 3 months, let alone having the surrounding infrastructure in place. They'll be finishing the final touches right up til opening day next spring.

They are asking about 2019, not this year. It's obviously not going to be open in less than 3 months.

I still can’t see it operating during Winterfest due to how slowly it hits some of those inversions. Not a knock against the ride itself, but it seems like it would valley in sub 40 temperatures.

Does it being launched help at all?
cwgator wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:
jeffdavis wrote:

Oh crap, my bad.
tarheel1231 wrote:
cwgator wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:Virtually zero chance of it being installed, tested, and online in under 3 months, let alone having the surrounding infrastructure in place. They'll be finishing the final touches right up til opening day next spring.

I still can’t see it operating during Winterfest due to how slowly it hits some of those inversions. Not a knock against the ride itself, but it seems like it would valley in sub 40 temperatures.

Does it being launched help at all?

I think they would be able to speed up the launch so it wouldn’t valley. Not too sure, but most of the time, launched coasters are pretty flexible with the temps they can run in.
Love everything about the coaster, except one thing, the launch speed. i know people are saying it won't make much difference because of the compactness of the ride, and it will have incredible hang time, but i'm still not sold on that slow launch speed. i don't care what it does during the rest of the ride, for me the launch is what makes such rides.

CopperHead Strike has BackLot coaster speed, and I've never been overwhelmed with that coaster. I mean it's cute and all, but it's not something I look forward to.
i want my breath to be taken in those first seconds. With Volcano, that launch is what makes the ride. I really don't care what it does after that.

The second launch seems a lot more interesting and should deliver a good little pop. I 'm really curious why they made the first launch so slow? I just hope the train makes it through those loops on a cold March morning. Am I missing something the rest of the world is seeing? Am I alone in the way I feel?

Perhaps, based on the layout, it is not even possible to make it faster without causing other problems. Before someone goes off on the 'enthusiast always want the fastest, tallest rant' that is not the case here. That speed seems kind of slow for a non kiddie attraction. Hell the giant frisbees announced yesterday go 75 miles per hour. IMO, that would be a lot more thrilling. BTW, I'm not a fan of I-305, I think it is too intense, if that gives you some idea about my ride tolerance. I just did not expect to wake up this morning and see Carolina Slinky Dog Dash. :D

Other than that, it's a nice family attraction.
Last edited by Capler on August 30th, 2018, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't think you are alone in the way you feel at all. Im not thrilled about the slow speed either, BUT, I think the manuevers and the inversions of the ride are going to be better at a slower speed, I also love the little airtime hill on the 2nd launch, was not expecting it at all! Also not having the OTSR is going to be fantastic. Verbolten is one of my favorite launches and its not all to fast, most of our coasters are around the same 50mph mark anyway, so it will fit right in. Can't wait to contiue following the construction of the coaster and watch this thing come to life! Its amazing!
Capler wrote:Love everything about the coaster, except one thing, the launch speed. i know people are saying it won't make much difference because of the compactness of the ride, and it will have incredible hang time, but i'm still not sold on that slow launch speed. i don't care what it does during the rest of the ride, for me the launch is what makes such rides.

CopperHead Strike has BackLot coaster speed, and I've never been overwhelmed with that coaster. I mean it's cute and all, but it's not something I look forward to.
i want my breath to be taken in those first seconds. With Volcano, that launch is what makes the ride. I really don't care what it does after that.

The second launch seems a lot more interesting and should deliver a good little pop. I 'm really curious why they made the first launch so slow? I just hope the train makes it through those loops on a cold March morning. Am I missing something the rest of the world is seeing? Am I alone in the way I feel?

Perhaps, based on the layout, it is not even possible to make it faster without causing other problems. Before someone goes off on the 'enthusiast always want the fastest, tallest rant' that is not the case here. That speed seems kind of slow for a non kiddie attraction. Hell the giant frisbees announced yesterday go 75 miles per hour. IMO, that would be a lot more thrilling. BTW, I'm not a fan of I-305, I think it is too intense, if that gives you some idea about my ride tolerance. I just did not expect to wake up this morning and see Carolina Slinky Dog Dash. :D

Other than that, it's a nice family attraction.
I would not call the ride a family ride.I could see that if the ride did not have the jo jo role.Also why would a family ride be themed to moonshine