General Carowinds discussion
intaminboy wrote:Notice how the model had catwalks in both valleys of the second launch. Perhaps that indicates that the second launch will, indeed, count as a block.

Maybe.
Doubt it though. The reason I say that is because one train isn't allowed into one block until the train in front clears the block. If the block ended at the valley, a roll back from the top hat would allow the train in front to come back into the valley.

I guess they could put the block sensor AFTER the top-hat and stop the next train at the second launch if necessary. That might work. It would definitely increase capacity. My guess is that a catwalk would be there for evacuation in case the second launch failed.. i.e. a power outage or something like that. That's the only point in the circuit where the train is dependent on something other than gravity to keep going. Without the launch, it wouldn't make the top-hat.
If there is the possibility that the launch could fail and a train would be stuck there, then surely there is a block transition there. It could not allow a train into the prior block while something is sitting there to be launched or they would run into each other if the launch failed
phareous wrote:If there is the possibility that the launch could fail and a train would be stuck there, then surely there is a block transition there. It could not allow a train into the prior block while something is sitting there to be launched or they would run into each other if the launch failed

It wouldn't be a block if the first launch wasn't fired until the previous train reached the final brake run. The ride is pretty short....only 90 seconds from leaving the station to the final brake run. There's only 20 seconds between the first and second launch so no way they would even fire that first launch before then anyway. I'm thinking three trains. One in the station loading/unloading, one launching out of the barn onto the circuit, and one on the brake run. Essentially, just like Fury replacing Fury's lift hill block with the first launch block.
No clue on why those trailers are there. I dont think it has to do with construction at all though, could be wrong.

Here are some pictures of construction from last night! I may take a few more tonight and share some!