General Carowinds discussion
Oh man first thing I recognized in that pic was the maintenance road or whatever from the leaked blueprint lol. They started track/support work October 1st, give a day or two, construction flew by just taking over a couple months.

Also that picture really shows how close you’ll be able to view this thing off-ride, walking under it and such. Hope everyone leaves their crap in the car or in a locker so no nets have go up anywhere.
Sorry these are dark, but still can see the ride pretty well. Looking forward to seeing how they do lighting etc. on the ride. I guess they dont count the transfer track as the last official piece.... Also a shot of Blue Ridge Country Kitchen, they poured concrete a few days ago, I saw the concrete truck on the camera.

dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Did anyone else get or plan on getting an all season fast lane? I got myself one, this is the first season since they’ve started them that I can justify buying one.

I've considered it, but it's rather expensive, and with having the platinum pass, and the dining plan, that would be over $500 all together. That's a little pricey. I'm afraid the park will be very busy this year with the new ride, so that makes me almost want one. Who knows, maybe i'll change my mind and get it later.
Carowindsman wrote:Getting more and more excited for this ride.

My frozen heart is beginning to unthaw a bit for the ride also. I was really salty at first about the slow initial launch. I love fast, powerful launches. Now that I can actually see the layout, I feel they had to slow it down to tame the forces. That second launch had to be fast because they need to get the train over the top hat. Well, at least that is what I'm telling myself these days. :crazy: I also wonder if the slower speed also has something to do with the park wanting a ride that can run during Winterfest? :?:
coasterbruh wrote:If that were the case, wouldn't they want a faster ride that could endure the low temps?

So that begs the question, why aren't they running their fastest coasters during Winterfest? I figured it has something to do with the high speed and potential damage to metal parts? But what do I know, I just post in a forum. I'd rather they run Intimidator over Afterburn. My only issue with Intimidator is that since Fury opened, it has become one of the step kids of the park, in terms of good operations. There is a long wait even when there is no line.
I think it’s because the park wants to keep the actual Winterfest activities (shows, up charge attractions) the focus of the event. There is no “because it’s too cold” for the most part. If Dollywood can run there’s for much of the month of December I’m sure we wouldn’t have any trouble. Again I think the park wants to keep the Winterfest specific stuff like $15 cookie decorating the focus, plus we’re only in the second season of new Winterfest so maybe in five years or so they’ll add more coasters open like our locals Dollywood and SFoG. Copperhead Strike looks to potentially be open for Winterfest 2019.