General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
Everybody talking about Rip Roaring Rapids but what about this awesome ride. I miss it. Im glad we got Intimidator but this was still a fun ride when it was hot. Would be a nice addition where Dinos Alive is obviously it would not be as big

By dirkdiggler1992
I’m 26 so I’ll always remember it as Wild Thornberry’s. I still get to do Dare Devil Falls a ton every season but it does stink to see so many log flumes/water rides disappearing, but still have flumes going at all the other parks in the region (SFoG, Dolly, BGW, KD) and Intimidator was a much needed investment.
By Chris
I see roller was on top of his game back then as well. :lol: :lol: :roll:

By RollerBee
Chris wrote:I see roller was on top of his game back then as well. :lol: :lol: :roll:

roller.PNG

:roll:
Kinda hard to be in the loop when you haven’t been to the park in over 2 years at that time.

I didn’t know the writing was on the wall for Log Flume.
By Chris
RollerBee wrote:
Chris wrote:I see roller was on top of his game back then as well. :lol: :lol: :roll:

roller.PNG

:roll:
Kinda hard to be in the loop when you haven’t been to the park in over 2 years at that time.

I didn’t know the writing was on the wall for Log Flume.

Are you saying that if you haven't been to the park in two years (or maybe even haven't worked in the park 13 years), you may not know the ins and outs of operations and ride additions? Hmmm, intriguing.
Last edited by Chris on February 15th, 2019, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cwgator
https://carowindsconnection.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2533

If I had only known about this site when that post was made (Oct 14, 2008, I joined about a year later), I would have made sure to ride it on my visit about a week later to say goodbye. I did ride it in September when I visited, so I guess I have that.