General Carowinds discussion
To me I think the park is just holding onto vortex because they already have enough spots to put new ideas. If cedar fair followed the same trend where they converted a standup every other year vortex would have been converted this year, but it wasn’t. This tells me that they probably just are waiting until they need that land.
Here’s my 5 year plan:
(Some of these could be swapped out with some other years)
2020: Carolina Harbor new slide complex and a revamp of one of their food stands, I’d say they should give them a good slide complex since they removed two attractions in the past 2 years.
2021: Crossroads renovation, remove yo-yo expand past the yo yo pad on the border of dark harvest line. New bathrooms and brick pavers, give dodgems some touch up and get a bigger stage compared to the little gazebo near boo blasters
2022: New area in Dino’s plot but leaving about 1/3 of it for a camp snoopy expansion in the future (In my opinion when you cut out land for camp snoopy in this plot it makes it a big compact for a coaster, but that’s just me)
2023: finally it will be rapids turn for something to go there, I’m thinking a new coaster along with a new flat near the entrance of it. (I really don’t know what coaster because putting a woodie near hurler woood be unbalanced so I’m just saying a new coaster. Vortex is removed
2024: Camp snoopy expansion. Antique cars or something to spruce up carousel park in vortex plot.
Beyond these 5 years:
Nighthawk removal.
I now that I stuffed a bunch in there and a bunch of it won’t happen and some of these things will happen in other years but I just wanted to put it all there.
There’s a bunch of possibilities considering all of the empty land at Carowinds.
along with the post above i think that once DA is removed, there will be a fade from camp snoopy into a new area with a GCI. that year will most likely be 2023 if I were to estimate.
I don't want hurler to go, my plan is a GCI in the DA area and an RMC like Goliath near the paladium

Take into effect that these two rides will be spread out from 5-10 years.
By Glitch99
Techedchart1551 wrote:along with the post above i think that once DA is removed, there will be a fade from camp snoopy into a new area with a GCI. that year will most likely be 2023 if I were to estimate.

I think camp snoopy will expand sooner than later. That little cul-de-sac with 3 rides crammed into it screams of "temporary, until we can open a connecting path to the playground area. Even if they dont actually add any new rides yet, I see that happening as soon as the dinosaurs are gone.
By Cameron
No reason for camp snoopy to use any of the dinos area honestly with all this space still available.
Attachments
By Rabidfrog
Cameron wrote:No reason for camp snoopy to use any of the dinos area honestly with all this space still available.

So you would get rid of the train? Because that is the train area... it also doesn’t help the deadend that a piece of the DA area would fix.
By Cameron
In a sec. The train is a joke to what it once was. I mean technically you wouldn't have too. 4 rides could easily be placed in the middle while the train goes around but definitely wouldn't be heartbroken if they remove it.

As for the dead end that can easily be fixed with the creation of the new area un the dinos plot.

We've gone this long with a dead end. What's another 2-4 years.

That was a dead end for 15+ years I believe. The addition of the flyers took it away and then the addition of dinos put it right back.
By Cameron
I wouldn't say crucial. That road was used to stage the nick parade floats back in the day. It's literally never used and serves no purpose other than during scarowinds.

But if they decide they still need a road to get to the haunt it's easily fixable.

Still have room for 3 rides
Attachments
By gabed
Alright I’ll throw my hat in the ring.

2020: Crossroads revamp (you’re gonna see a lot of these) with a flat or two. Yo-yo and games removed. New restroom and existing buildings get a fresh coat of paint.

2021: Front plaza renovation. No new rides but a major overhaul on opening up the area and making look nice.

2022: Former rapids plot transformed into new, Lowcountry themed area with a coaster and new shops. Similar to Blue Ridge Junction in size and scale.

2023: Boardwalk revamp, maybe a new flat but likely just sprucing up.

2024: Dino’s becomes new themed area.

I feel like this would finish the face lift that began in 2014 and give the park a very clean, even feel.
By Glitch99
Rabidfrog wrote:
Cameron wrote:No reason for camp snoopy to use any of the dinos area honestly with all this space still available.

So you would get rid of the train? Because that is the train area... it also doesn’t help the deadend that a piece of the DA area would fix.

That's the whole basis for my thinking. It looks like it was designed to become a loop.