General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
I wish this would have happened and it turned into a restaurant would have made for some different views of the parks.

Last edited by Carowindsman on March 8th, 2019, 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Chris
I'm not trying to be the grammar police but since you wrote it out twice, I just thought I would let you know.
There is no such thing as, "would of."
It's either "would have" or "would've". :)
By RollerBee
Coasterphreak wrote:To be fair, if I remember correctly the main reason the boat was scrapped was because it was falling apart and basically needed a complete rehab that Paramount didn't want to spend the money on.

Not exactly, Carowinds paid someone to turn the boat around and in the process the boat was dropped damaging the hull.
By Cameron
I didn't think it was that bad. I saw the hole. Easily fixable but...

Granted I only saw the small hole on one side. Never got to look at the other side if it had any damage.
By RollerBee
The park wanted to fix it but Paramount Parks said no.

I never understood why the wanted to turn the boat around, having the paddle wheel facing the river bank would have made more sense. The paddle wheel could have left functional while the rest of boat was permanently docked, would have a made a nice photo spot.

Just my opinion.
however, the question is where to put it if it were to get rebuilt
-the DA land is still occupied

the only logical place to put it would be the RRR area, and i'm perfectly fine with that, since it's very lush, and it's a fairly big area.
There is literally no way it gets rebuilt because:

A) Floating restaurants are hilariously impractical unless it's on a very large vessel with onboard power plant, waste control, and ventilation systems, and

B) There's a reason every dining venue Cedar Fair has constructed at Carowinds has significant amounts of indoor seating: people go there and buy food when the sky opens up at 4pm like it does regularly every summer.

There's very little chance of them opening a major outlet with primarily outdoor seating.