General Carowinds discussion
I would post this in the Copperhead Strike thread but want to save some of the ones who haven't ridden the ride yet from any spoilers.

So I rode on the 7th row on Friday during the night and was impressed by the barn but couldn't make out many individual objects. Also, it was pretty loud and I couldn't hear what was going on on the screen. Can someone please explain what was going on in the barn (especially on the screens)? I heard a review today that mentioned the two sons getting chainsaws and I hadn't head that at all during my ride.

Also, what were your favorite parts of the barn? Did it exceed expectations or fall a little flat?
I’m probably off a bit here but the screen portion seemed to be granny telling the two guys “hey we’ve been caught, get in the car let’s get outta here”. You here the car revving then you launch.

Rise N Shine seems to be the name of the moonshine and/or jam. You’ve got the both the jam making props on the right side of the barn and the moonshine making props in the front left portion of the barn. A couple chicken props where the feathers ruffle and one of the moonshine things starts boiling water, that animatronic didn’t seem to be on Sunday.

I really liked the look of the launch barn interior but I will say, you need to sit in the front car to get the best view of everything, maybe row two or three to see the screen the best.
By yawetag
I was in the fourth row and probably heard and saw it all on the screen, but didn't even process anything as I was too anxious for the launch. The next time I ride (hopefully this weekend), I'll get a better idea of what's going on.
I'd say from my ride in the front car, we were so far up that we really couldn't see the screens and had to look back to view. It's so much going on at one time its going to force you to take multiple rides to full process everything. To me the volume for the screens need to be turned way up. You could barely here what granny and the boys were saying as the chickens go off and the other noises from various things moving.
By gabed
tarheel1231 wrote:Where are the chickens located? I didn’t see them at all.

Front right side of the barn
By yawetag
Nomrah wrote:I rode it a few times on Sunday and could never make out what Granny was saying. I noticed that one of the chickens lays an egg when the feathers go off in the cage.

Someone mentioned seeing a ping pong ball roll across the ground. Wonder if that is what she saw.
I am very confused as to what was on that screen. I saw two to three people standing, and then someone (probably granny) say something, and then they run and then the coaster launches. From a few POVs I saw the people on screen looked very young, in their teens or early twenties. I didn't know if these were people joining you on the tour of granny's farm or granny's children.
By Snowman
Finally figured out what is said when you stop outside the loading station at the end of the ride. A male voice (I'm guessing one of Grannys boys) says, "Awww shucks, they got away!"
Still at a complete loss as to what Granny says in the barn...
Snowman wrote:Finally figured out what is said when you stop outside the loading station at the end of the ride. A male voice (I'm guessing one of Grannys boys) says, "Awww shucks, they got away!"

I’m probably completely wrong on this, but it kinda sounds like Granny says “What in the blue blazes is that?! Boys! We’ve got intruders!” And then engine rev sound plays.

I’m fairly confident in the “Boys! We got intruders” but as for the part before that, I’m not 100% sure.
Snowman wrote:Finally figured out what is said when you stop outside the loading station at the end of the ride. A male voice (I'm guessing one of Grannys boys) says, "Awww shucks, they got away!"

OK, no posting after 10pm for me! Snowoman and I went back today and the voice at the end of the ride DEFINATELY says, "Awww shucks, We lost 'em!"