3 Canada's Wonderland Maple, Ontario,Toronto, Canada 16
4 Carowinds Charlotte, North Carolina, US 14
4 Kings Island Mason, Ohio, US 14
5 Six Flags Great Adventure Jackson, New Jersey, US 13
5 Europa Park Rust, Germany 13
5 Kings Dominion Doswell, Virginia, US 13
5 Hersheypark Hershey, Pennsylvania, US 13

(This is a old search I did)

Obviously the more the merrier but when does it get to much. I would love to have 15-16 coasters at most. I do like the coaster selections we have but would like to maybe see 1 more family coaster and 1 more big coaster.

Admins you can delete if you want. Just another random thought I had.
By gabed
I don’t think there is such thing as “too many” coasters. However, I’m a huge supporter of quality over quantity. Parks with a wider variety of coasters have far more appeal to me than parks that just have a lot of coasters. Take Energylandia for example: A park which by 2020 will have 15 coasters, most of which are family coasters which more or less do the same thing. Cedar Point on the other hand has 17 that are all incredibly different and serve a unique purpose.

Carowinds could have 3 coasters or 30, and as long as they were all unique from one another and not variations of each other, I wouldn’t complain.
Carowindsman wrote:What is everyone's thought on this?
Based off a Google Search
1 Six Flags Magic Mountain Valencia, California, US 19
2 Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio, US 17
3 Canada's Wonderland Maple, Ontario,Toronto, Canada 16
4 Carowinds Charlotte, North Carolina, US 14
4 Kings Island Mason, Ohio, US 14
5 Six Flags Great Adventure Jackson, New Jersey, US 13
5 Europa Park Rust, Germany 13
5 Kings Dominion Doswell, Virginia, US 13
5 Hersheypark Hershey, Pennsylvania, US 13

(This is a old search I did)

Obviously the more the merrier but when does it get to much. I would love to have 15-16 coasters at most. I do like the coaster selections we have but would like to maybe see 1 more family coaster and 1 more big coaster.

Admins you can delete if you want. Just another random thought I had.

RCDB has a count for Magic Mtn. Once their new West Coast Racers opens later this year, it'll be at 19, but they're going to be at 18 for awhile till whenever they get it going. Just 1 ahead of Cedar Point for right now.

It's kind of wild to see Carowinds ahead of Kings Dominion, too. So sad about Volcano though.
By yawetag
gabed wrote:Carowinds could have 3 coasters or 30, and as long as they were all unique from one another and not variations of each other, I wouldn’t complain.

I agree with a lot, but I do think that if Carowinds only had 3 coasters, it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable.

But the different types of coasters is what makes Carowinds so great. When I lived in St. Louis, we rarely went to Six Flags primarily because of their coaster selection. This was especially true once we started taking our kids. Except for the Mine Train, there was no progression of rides to get them comfortable before jumping on a big woodie or Pandemonium (a small, spinning coaster).

Carowinds has ample rides to do that stepping:
1. Wilderness Run
2. Woodstock Express
3. Goldrusher
4. Richochet
5. Kiddy Hawk
(move around 3-5 as needed)
By gabed
yawetag wrote:When I lived in St. Louis, we rarely went to Six Flags primarily because of their coaster selection.

Or maybe because that park in general is hot garbage?
By Afterburner
I definitely think Carowinds' next couple additions should be at the expense of some of the park's more lackluster coasters, namely RMC Hurler and replacing Vortex and Nighthawk with a big modern steel looper over the water.
By CCookieMonster
Yeah, we just need to get Nighthawk some new trains to make it more fun. If it was smooth everyone would love it, coasters enthusiasts included. I think Vortex can go, unless they do something to make it a much more enjoyable experience. For me being a short male.... I'll just say ti can get painful. Hurler really doesn't need anything done it;s a decent ride. Do all that with just 1 more amazing thrill coaster and good family coaster, we'll have one of the best coaster collections out there.
By Afterburner
Because an RMC would be vastly superior to a mediocre wood coaster, and only a tiny segment of the population would even notice that Carowinds had no major wood coasters anymore, much less care.

But sure, throw in a modern woodie for one of Carowinds' next coaster additions. I certainly wouldn't mind.
By Brian6035
RW_Fury325 wrote:RMC makes wooden coasters too. I really don't think we have to have a good wooden coaster above everything else.

Right we really don’t NEED a wooden coaster. If we RMC’d Hurler or even got a ground up hybrid type RMC no one would think of those coasters as steel coasters other than the hardcore enthusiasts. Besides, Wooden coasters just arent as good. Generally speaking they don’t go as fast, they deteriorate fastest, they’re rougher rides. The only positive is the lapbars on them generally don’t staple you so you get more airtime.