General Carowinds discussion
Maybe it’s been covered before, I’m definitely not around here that much, but I was curious as to what remnants can still be seen of rides that were formally at Carowinds.

Years ago I saw some monorail footers, and I assume they are still there.
I know from an aerial view, you can still see the track the Sternwheeler used to follow in the water.
tarheel1231 wrote:The tool shed under the tophat in Copperhead Strike’s queue used to be the pump house for Whitewater Falls if I’m not mistaken.

I think that was actually the electrical shed and it's been repurposed for CS, but I'm not 100% sure.

There's a footer or three from the former Cable Skyway inside the Vortex enclosure if I'm not mistaken, plus the fact that the Chickie & Pete's building used to be a station (look at the opening up top).

The path where the railroad circled the park still largely exists as a service road and when you cross the bridge from the front plaza you can see the old station platform underneath.

Beyond that, I can't think of a whole lot because building codes have changed so much in the last fiftyish years that when they decide to work on an area they pretty much have to dig it all up and start from scratch.