General Carowinds discussion
By yawetag
How are the fireworks for Fourth of July? Any tips on successful watching in the park? I'm sure it's packed there, but it's packed everywhere for fireworks.
By Edwardo
Went the first or second year after I moved here. Never again. The park is too crowded. Hour lines just to get food. You see the fireworks from nearly everywhere but there’s just no place to hang comfortably unless you’re prepared to pick a place very early.

Enjoy.
Yeah I strongly suggest avoiding the park on the 4th unless your entire purpose is watching fireworks, and you might as well sit in the parking lot if you wanna do that. It is literally the busiest day of the year.
By yawetag
We decided to brave it yesterday, too. Showed up around 4pm, a little after the storms rolled through. Was able to get a spot on the row next to VIP parking. The park was busier than a typical Thursday, but not bad at all. The park did start to fill up once Carolina Harbor closed. As we were riding Windseeker, I was surprised at how empty the parking lot was.

We ended up exiting the park and watching the fireworks from the area near the sign. The Paladium blocked the few lower fireworks, but ended up being a good spot. As we walked back to the car, we noticed some people walking away from a hill on the north side, near Fury - not a bad idea, as you'd only be blocked by Fury.

The worst part was getting out. It took us a bit over an hour to get home, 50 minutes of that in the actual parking lot. Our area was diverted to the exit that comes out near the entrance, but all of us just sat there for 30 minutes, not moving at all. Once we got moving, it was just a matter of the lights on Carowinds Blvd.

I was actually surprised at how it wasn't very busy. It definitely picked up once the sun went down, so I'd be interested in knowing how many people were passholders, rather than someone actually spending money to come watch fireworks.
Lit wrote:Member that one time they shot them off 2 hours early, then people coming in to see the fireworks had no clue they’d already shot them off? Good times!

Wow. Since it doesn't get dark until after 9, they were shooting them off in daylight.